Koodo Community

Community

Solved

long distance

Hello. Where can I block international long distance. Where is it located exactly in Selfserve, I cannot find it. I do not have long distance saver, and it is mentioned that I can make LD calls without addson

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Koodo doesn't have a block you can add to block international calls but depending on your phone you may be able to add an application that blocks them.

Search around in the app store for your particular device platform.

I know on my Samsung if I go to phone....settings...more settings . . . Call barring

There is a switch I can turn to disable international calls. Check your device for similar features.

Koodo FAQ says differently:
How do I block outgoing international long distance calls from my phone?

To remove the ability to make international long distance calls from your phone, log in to Self-Serve and remove the pay-per-use International Long Distance feature from your account. 

Note: This will not block call to the U.S.
http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/Pay-Per-Use-International-Long-Dis...
I do not see this feature to remove it.

Userlevel 7
Able wrote:

How do I block outgoing international long distance calls from my pho...

Thanks Chad, I am still confused
Koodo says
Need to call internationally?
Now it’s even easier to make international calls with Koodo. For as low as 50¢/min you can call internationally any time and you no longer need an add-on! 2 Plus, you can call directly to international landlines and mobile phones for the same price.
http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/long-distance

Userlevel 7
Able wrote:

I've reached out to Koodo's on this. We're discussing. I should have an actual answer for you shortly. Did you look in your account for the add on I show above?
Userlevel 7
Able wrote:

So from what I am hearing you may already have the feature blocked because the add on isn't provisioned for you to remove it. You could try wasting a dollar or two by calling time information in London or a second and see if the call goes through. London Speaking Clock is 0871 789 3642
Able wrote:

Thanks again Chad
Pay per use LD is not in my add-on. But, as you noticed Koodo has two different explanations. Their 50 cent/min rate to Europe is too expensive.( Ex, Keepcalling rate to France is only 1.2 c/min).