Koodo Community
Question

Locked out of my account + No callback

Hi there,

I have been locked out of my self-serve account and have been told to contact customer service. However when I try to schedule a call back, they never call me. I am no longer in Canada so I cannot access my Canadian phone number. I enter in a Britsh number for them to callback and they never call - So I can’t cancel my account AND they keep charging me monthly.

So I was wondering - 

1. How can I get them to call me to cancel my account with a non-CA number?
  2. Can I get a refund for the months that I didn’t use yet they charged me whilst I was locked out?

Many thanks,

Ben

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@benji449  We can only call Canadian numbers. If you send us a direct message on Facebook we will be able to help you out there. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

For the months?

How long did you leave this for?

For the months?

About 3 months of trying to get back into my account with no avail… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

For the months?

Ok send Koodo a private message via facebook or twitter and tell them you are locked out of your self serve and you want to cancel since you left the country

For the months?

Ok send Koodo a private message via facebook or twitter and tell them you are locked out of your self serve and you want to cancel since you left the country

They tell me to login to my account, but I can’t since I am locked out, so...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Was it the automated reply to authenticate your account?

Are you able to skip past that when you private message them?

I just sent a test message to Koodo via facebook messenger and I do not see any login authentication reply yet

Was it the automated reply to authenticate your account?

Are you able to skip past that when you private message them?

I just sent a test message to Koodo via facebook messenger and I do not see any login authentication reply yet

If you try and cancel your account, you must verify that you own the account by logging into said account. You probably don't have to login for basic services

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is a screenshot of prepaid selfserve. Could you confirm if you were a prepaid or postpaid customer? If you were a prepaid customer, you don’t have to contact Koodo, all you have to do is not to  pay them.

If you were a postpaid customer, you would have to visit postpaid selfserve (Click on “selfserve” at the top of this forum page). I would suggest you reset the password so you can sign in again.

@Dinh I am prepaid and yes you are correct. I am pre-paid, however, I set it up to automatically take my money each month when I was in Canada. 

I cannot request a new password. When I try to it states that I have been locked out and must contact customer service

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Dinh I am prepaid and yes you are correct. I am pre-paid, however, I set it up to automatically take my money each month when I was in Canada. 

I cannot request a new password. When I try to it states that I have been locked out and must contact customer service

I would suggest you contact them via facebook messenger https://www.facebook.com/Koodo and see the options are. Was it a pre-authorization on your credit card? you could also stop that payment with your bank or change your credit card number.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok lets keep it simple for the rep on facebook. 

Just tell them you are on prepaid and that you are unable to login to your self serve and the website says you are locked out now. 

Do NOT mention cancelling as this will confuse them and move their attention and focus just like it did with myself.  Fix your self serve login and then you can remove the pre-authorized withdrawal yourself and that should meet your objective