Koodo Community
Solved

Local calling area

My current mobile number is long distance from my Langley home phone. I want to change the phone number so it is not long distance but Langley is not included in the Koodo city list.  Should I use Vancouver as the city?

icon

Best answer by Dennis 1 July 2020, 02:32

Thanks weird.  Koodo home phone has canada wide minutes

https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/wireless-home-phone

Can you please login to your self serve and download your detailed pdf ebill and see what the charges say?

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How do you know it is long distance? When you sidned up did you choose Langley? 

The number was ported from an old pay-as-you-go Speakout phone which was purchased in Abbotsford. I see a long distance charge on my home phone bill when I call it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks weird.  Koodo home phone has canada wide minutes

https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/wireless-home-phone

Can you please login to your self serve and download your detailed pdf ebill and see what the charges say?

The problem is calling from my Shaw land line.  If I call the mobile number without the 1 in front I get a message saying that long distance charges will apply to my Shaw phone. If I call the mobile number with the 1 in front then I get a  long distance charge on my Shaw bill.  The mobile number is registered as an Abbotsford phone and I want to make it a Langley registered phone.  I suspect I have to pick my new number as a Vancouver number to make it local since Langley is not one of the available city choices.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The problem is calling from my Shaw land line.  If I call the mobile number without the 1 in front I get a message saying that long distance charges will apply to my Shaw phone. If I call the mobile number with the 1 in front then I get a  long distance charge on my Shaw bill.  The mobile number is registered as an Abbotsford phone and I want to make it a Langley registered phone.  I suspect I have to pick my new number as a Vancouver number to make it local since Langley is not one of the available city choices.

Im sorry I thought you were referring to your koodo home phone.

Yes you will need to choose your number that is next closest to Langley.  Not sure if Surrey or Coquitlam will work either.

Note that the long distance charge is a Shaw issue as every providers handles their long distance region differently.  You may want to ask Shaw which cities would be considered local for them

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It may be even a good thing to ask cuz you usually get the message even when you have long-distance minutes.

for example with Koodo you get the message every time you make a long-distance call even though all the plans include Canada wide minutes

Used Vancouver as home city for the  new number and everything works as hoped.   Thanks.