Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo Keeping Clients

Will koodo try and offer better plans or upgrades if you try to cancel? or am I better off just leaving and going to another provider? I have to say they don't offer anything that makes the company stand out. Other companys seem to offer better deals if you switch than koodo. Is anyone else considering leaving Koodo?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Nope, they won't. Why should you get something because you threaten them to leave while those who are happy don't get the same deal? If they did do that I would leave them. That is what I call totally unfair. That said they have the best plans around and I doubt you'll find anything better. Go, give it a try! Some no name companies might give you a few bucks off but when your phone doesn't work you'll know why.
I've used other companies and I have to say the hardware I selected from Koodo is extremely lacking. At the time it was good for me because the phones are inexpensive as well as the plans however I am looking for something more sophisticated with more bells and whistles and I don't feel that I will get that with Koodo.
Userlevel 6
alli3cat wrote:

I've used other companies and I have to say the hardware I selected from Koodo is extremely lacki...

They don't focus on phones as much (that said they have the iphne5, BBz10, the new S4) because a lot of people nowadays buy them at the many places available other than the phone companies. I bought 2 and unlocked them myself. What koodo gives you is 10% off on your monthly plan when you bring your own phone. http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo.shtml
Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Other companies offer you a lot of things, but just with ONE objective, locking you in on another contract, every time that they offer you something they will extend your contract... Do you think that is the real way of keeping clients? Forcing them to stay? Tricking them? At Koodo you get flexibility, freedom, responses when you need them, solutions to your inconvinients, and they will never force you to stay if you don't want to, because the most important thing is your satisfaction not having you against your will.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's all been said really, I just want to confirm that I too am definitely [b]not considering leaving Koodo any time soon 😃 What you are thinking of is retention, and as others said above me, that is solely meant to lock people in for another 3 years. You get a penny off here, or a feature thrown in there, and you feel good because you think you have haggled yourself a bargain. But if that's a game you enjoy playing, nobody is stopping you... everybody is different 😃
Userlevel 5
Sophia wrote:

It's all been said really, I just want to confirm that I too am definitely [b]not considering...

Ew... A 3 year contract... It disgusts me lol