Koodo Community
Question

Koodo Fraud Department Did Not Call Back

• 17 September 2022
  • 2 replies

My bank told me to lock my credit card and bank card and to contact my phone carrier provided to ensure my phone was not actively being hacked. I contacted Koodo right away to schedule a call back, had to wait almost 2 days and then when I got a call back the person couldn’t help me told me that I would need to talk to their fraud department. She informed me should would forward my case to the fraud department and I would get an email confirming that and it would take up to three days for them to reach out. Guess what? No email and now it is 5 DAYS LATER and no call from fraud. My credit card has been locked for 7 days. This is TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My bank told me to lock my credit card and bank card and to contact my phone carrier provided to ensure my phone was not actively being hacked. I contacted Koodo right away to schedule a call back, had to wait almost 2 days and then when I got a call back the person couldn’t help me told me that I would need to talk to their fraud department. She informed me should would forward my case to the fraud department and I would get an email confirming that and it would take up to three days for them to reach out. Guess what? No email and now it is 5 DAYS LATER and no call from fraud. My credit card has been locked for 7 days. This is TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Can you elaborate on the events that took place? Did you reach out to your credit card company to get a replacement card?

Have you reported this incident to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre? https://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/report-signalez-eng.htm

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately, the Koodo fraud department is a bit of a black box. Once a situation reaches them, regular reps are no longer able to give information what is going on. 

But, as MilkyWay pointed out, you can still contact your bank and see if they can provide more information on their end. Obviously something must have gone wrong, since both Koodo and your bank are confirming the same thing.