Koodo Community

Koodo Assist Chat does not work from anywhere?!

• 28 September 2020
  • 4 replies

I and my husband have both tried to use Koodo Assist.  We both use Chrome books, however I also tried it from my iPhone SE and that doesn’t work either.  The link that shows up if you mouse over the button is just the normal home page link, so nothing happens when clicked.  My husband who know a ton about web stuff says: ”it has no code attached to trigger any chat, only a CSS class that hints at it.  Looking at it in Chrome dev tools.”

What’s up with this?  Any links or references we can find always take us to this page with a button that does nothing. It’s frustrating!  We need to tell Koodo to cancel a temporary account.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

it works in chrome for me and i have not heard of any issues from others.

Try going through this link

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help?autobots=rollout

Maybe also try clearing your browser’s cache too

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’ve got the same problem too. Keeps loading. Open a incognito tab and it’ll work. 

OK, so my techie husband figured it out! 

We had our “router” (internet equipment) set up to use “CIRA DNS servers” - for safer family surfing.  When he changed it back to Google’s DNS servers it all works fine!

Hope this helps others!!

I’ve got the same problem too. Keeps loading. Open a incognito tab and it’ll work. 

Robert, check if you have any safe surfing settings or special software on your internet.