Koodo Community
Solved

Koodo App on my Samsung S10

• 4 September 2020
  • 13 replies

i found a Koodo mobile app on my new Samsung S10.  is this a legit app?

icon

Best answer by Dennis 4 September 2020, 16:43

Koodo discontinued their app.  The recommendation is to bookmark the self serve home page and add it to your home screen

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you share the screenshot on your phone I can confirm what it. Indeed, we pre-load a tile on all Android phone to give you easy access to our online portal for self serve. I suspect this is what you are looking at. If it is than indeed it fully legit. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Koodo discontinued their app.  The recommendation is to bookmark the self serve home page and add it to your home screen

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Dennis Indeed no “app” in the traditional sense like something that needs to be downloaded from the app store. But, it acts very similarly like an app, and most importantly provides easy access to people’s account.  If it acts liken app, it quacks like an app it is an app. :-)  

This is in the app drawer

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What happens when you long click on it and go into the app info?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Handson Guy That is ours. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is in the app drawer

It's just an HTML5 site, and they've baked the link into the OS for some reason. It appears to open in its own generic browser. I have no safety concerns about it, but I tend to forget that it exists so I just go to the website instead. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That's exactly what this is. It opens the default browser and takes you to the self serve login page.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That's exactly what this is. It opens the default browser and takes you to the self serve login page.

It doesn’t open my default browser.

Thank for reply.  I open it, it actually  open up to its own browser. It is not my default browser or any browser i had.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It doesn’t open my default browser.

🤷 On my phone it opens in Firefox.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Mine opens in its own browser too.  I think this is why i removed it from my home screen and saved my own bookmark to my home screen

Hey did u guys find out how to get rid of this app or where it came from? I talked to koodo tech they could not figure it out.