Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo Air Time Barrie


I was charged 153.68 on my credit card for Koodo Airtime Barrie but nothing shows up on my bill  stating I was over on my data or anything for that matter.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you are monthly customer, the 3rd page of your invoice Ruth, should show details of what the $153.68 consists of. Were you able to take a look at that? Does that clarify things?
No there is nothing on the 3rd page on any of the bills in the date range of when the charges were billed to the credit card.  The charges were on July 13, 2015 I have gone over the bills and there is nothing.  Could this be a prepaid service or fraud?
Userlevel 7
amoped wrote:

No there is nothing on the 3rd page on any of the bills in the date range of when the charges wer...

Are you on pre-authorized payments? Was that the total of your bill? Just call your credit card and dispute it if not cause Koodo doesn't seem to be taking this seriously, which is quite annoying
amoped wrote:

No there is nothing on the 3rd page on any of the bills in the date range of when the charges wer...

I agree I have looked over my Koodo Bills and cross referenced it to my credit card.  I am a monthly billed customer that I pay from my bank account so if I was over then it should reflect on my Koodo Bill.  The fact that I cannot get a straight answer from my provider is very frustrating.  I have seen posts on the forum regarding this but no real answer.   Does Koodo not know if fraudulent activity is going on on their behalf.  I just want an answer so I guess I will have to contact my credit card company.
Userlevel 5
amoped wrote:

No there is nothing on the 3rd page on any of the bills in the date range of when the charges wer...

Yes contact your credit card company, log a complaint AND CANCELL THE CREDIT CARD. Obtain a new credit card and do not use it for pre-authorized payments in the future.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
amoped wrote:

No there is nothing on the 3rd page on any of the bills in the date range of when the charges wer...

Did you make a purchase at a Koodo kiosk at that time?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
amoped wrote:

No there is nothing on the 3rd page on any of the bills in the date range of when the charges wer...

Ruth, we would love to help, unfortunately we can't look up your account here based on the info we have. Would you mind direct messaging us on our Facebook page? That way we can look into what happened. Unlike Ahmad's suggestion we do take this seriously and want to help.

https://www.facebook.com/Koodo
Userlevel 6
amoped wrote:

No there is nothing on the 3rd page on any of the bills in the date range of when the charges wer...

I also saw zero evidence of Ahmads claim that Koodo doesn't take it seriously.
So far I haven't even seen where a call was placed to Koodo to inquire.
That should definitely be your first step.
Userlevel 3
Hi Bernard, you say you cannot look up amoped's account and yet you call her Ruth. I have seen some other replies from employees that appear to actually refer to a posters account. This sort of belies what was accepted as fact about not being able to access posters accounts.
Userlevel 6
Fred C wrote:

Hi Bernard, you say you cannot look up amoped's account and yet you call her Ruth. I have seen so...

Well I highly doubt that a Koodo staff member is lying to you.
I'm sure it is safe to assume that they have access to SOME information.
I'm sure if he had any info that would help the individual he would get it to them.
It also might be sensitive information that has to be discussed over the phone and therefore can't be blurted out on a public forum.
There is no private messaging system here afterall.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Fred C wrote:

Hi Bernard, you say you cannot look up amoped's account and yet you call her Ruth. I have seen so...

We can see the email addresses of people. The public can't. Based on the OP's email I addressed her accordingly. Having an email address alone does not help us match an account in our systems. If the name of the OP  and the account holder is the same than connections can be made, accounts verified etc. and a resolution found. If not, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Fred C wrote:

Hi Bernard, you say you cannot look up amoped's account and yet you call her Ruth. I have seen so...

I will take this up with Koodo direct.  And yes I find that interesting that I under user name of amoped but your addressing me by my 1st name.   Kinda defeats the purpose of a user name. 
Userlevel 6
Fred C wrote:

Hi Bernard, you say you cannot look up amoped's account and yet you call her Ruth. I have seen so...

You're Mr. Popular in this thread Bernard 😛
Userlevel 5
Fred C wrote:

Hi Bernard, you say you cannot look up amoped's account and yet you call her Ruth. I have seen so...

This is beginning to drift away from the Initial $153.68 Complaint.

I'm sure Amoped is upset and fustrated that this matter has come to exist, as I believe, we would all be.

Koodo has reached out to Amoped and now working with Amoped, Koodo will investigate the matter to the point of RESOLVED.

Reply