Koodo Community
Solved

Issues porting phone number

• 22 July 2020
  • 6 replies

Transferred a cell phone number from Telus to Koodo using Self Serve. I am able to receive text messages when people send them to my old number, but they can also send messages to the new koodo number that i do not want. Also, when i send texts to anyone it says it is coming from the new koodo number… I want to use my old number. I checked the website before making any changes and it said porting would work. It sort of worked, but not really… When anyone calls my old number they can reach me (YAY!) If they call the new number it says it is not in service (that’s fine), but why are people receiving my texts from this new number? I want texts to come from my original phone number, not a new number…

Any help is appreciated… Pretty sure i have to call Koodo to fix it on their end. I tried to schedule a call back but it keeps telling me they are closed until 9 but doesn’t tell me what time zone…. It is after 9am where I am.

icon

Best answer by Goran 22 July 2020, 14:44

In this case I'll flag this post for a Rep to look into.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When did you do the port? From Telus to Koodo it should take minutes.

I should have also said that it has been 1 week since i put in the new Koodo SIM card into the new Koodo phone and completed the cell number transfer to Koodo.
My self serve screen says the transfer is complete...

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In this case I'll flag this post for a Rep to look into.

Userlevel 4

Hey @Janet123 !

Thanks for reporting the situation to us! 

Could you please tell us if you tested the Telus sim card and see if it is still active?

Regards, 

Flo

No, i haven’t tested the old SIM card (How do i do that? Just put it in another phone and see if it works?) The old phone was left out in the rain by accident so it doesn’t work… i don’t even know where it is right now. It was pay as you go and the minutes ran out  last week, on July 14 i think.

Userlevel 4

Thanks for your reply!

No worries, @Janet123 , in this case, feel free to send us a PM on Facebook or Twitter, one of our reps will respond as soon as possible and will take a look into it for you :)

Regards, 

Flo