Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Is this what passes for customer service @ Koodo these days?

Called Koodo 611 from my cell at 4:40 p.m. yesterday to do a contract change that I couldn't do online. The automated system promised me a callback within ian hour.  
Finally got an automated callback at 8:30 (almost 4 hours later).  The automated system made me wait on hold several minutes for a human rep to finally come on the line (added aggravation). Finally made the desired change: added an authorized user ("subscriber') to one line. The rep confirmed there's no way for a customer to do this online. Why not?  And the rep had no explanation for the 4 hour delay. 
What a crummy experience. Time to move my 4 lines to another carrier?  Koodo customer service seems to have gone way downhill.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Alex.

You think customer service would be better elssewhere? Fell free to go an try but keep in mind that you'll pay accordingly 😉.

Also, did your problem get solved? If the answer's yes, then why complain? Because of the 4 hour wait? Seriously? How did that bother you.

Have a happy NYE.
Userlevel 3
Robert wrote:

Hello Alex.

You think customer service would be better elssewhere? Fell free to go an try but ke...

Wow that is rude. A four hour wait shouldn't bother a client? Unbelievable.
Hi Robert - are your comments made on behalf of Koodo?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Alex wrote:

Hi Robert - are your comments made on behalf of Koodo?

No they are not, we are all customers like yourself. The only people that work for Koodo are "official" and " employee" tags beside their names.
Glad to know it.  Because if this is Koodo's position I'll be running to another provider. I've had very good experiences lately with Fido, so I know there is indeed good customer service out there.

Call me old-fashioned, but I was taught to keep to my commitments, and not to make commitments I can't keep.  

And yes, Koodo's failure to keep to its commitment did cause me significant inconvenience.  Thanks for asking.
Looking forward to comment from an 'official' or 'employee' Koodo rep ...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Alex - sorry to hear that you didn't have the best experience here. No excuses, but here's somewhat of an explanation for what went down:
  • [b]Unusually high call volumes given recent promotions, both from new customers and existing customers making changes. As you've likely heard before on here, or in-store, we heavily promote the use of self-serve when it comes to account management and changes. During these type of promotional periods, customers have a tendency to neglect this notion and we receive a high number of calls/inquiries related to stuff that can often be done without the assistance of an agent. Increased demand (inbound calls), from the same supply (i.e. number of agents). 
  • [b]Issue uncovered with the call-back feature. A number of customers flagged issues this weekend where the quoted call-back times were not syncing up with when they were actually called. This has been flagged with the appropriate team and will be looked into and fixed.
  • [b]Called back & placed on-hold. How this feature works is that the system recognizes when you're next up in the queue and calls you back automatically. Once the customer answers, they're placed on hold to speak with the next available representative (it's not actually a call-back from a rep, but you're placed back into 'next in line' position vs having to wait the entire time.
  • [b]Unable to add an authorized user to account in self-serve. Our security requirements are in place to protect the account owner, and we require a rep to validate the account owner before adding an authorized user to any account. This is why it's not possible to complete yourself through self-serve at the moment.
Hope that helps provide some context, and maybe get us back into your good books. 
is there always a particular reason customer service at KOODO is so rude? Are they in the right to call you criminal?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paula Diaz Melo wrote:

is there always a particular reason customer service at KOODO is so rude? Are they in the right t...

Im sorry you had a bad experience. If you leave some information about who you were talking to and where, someone will see it and take appropriate actions. In the meantime is there anything we can help you with?
Paula Diaz Melo wrote:

is there always a particular reason customer service at KOODO is so rude? Are they in the right t...

Yes. Actually. I would like to discuss that it is the second time I am treated carelessly when I approach the same Koodo station at Aberdeen Mall, Kamloops, BC.  I would like it not to repeat. I was treated very rudely by the manager of the booth, he is well known in the shopping center for being rude.