Koodo Community

Is there somewhere I can email for help? No response from Koodo

• 7 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi, I am out of the country right now so I am unable to make international calls at the moment. Nothing on Koodo Assist and Self Serve is helping me with my issue. I would like to reactivate an account that was cancelled due to outstanding payments. All outstanding payments were paid out in March. I would like to reactivate my account or transfer my number to a different provider as I do not want to lose my phone number. I have emailed the account inquiries email because that is what they told me to do on the email if I wanted to reactivate but it has been 2 months I have received no response. I am not sure what to do, I have now emailed them a second time.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When did Koodo cancelled your account due to non-payment?  

You mentioned that you paid the amount full.  Did you pay to  Koodo or collection agency?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When the account was cancelled, even if you paid the outstanding amount, the number was still deactivated. As the line was cancelled in March, your number might not be available for you to reactivate any longer. You also might have to pay a re-connection fee of $45 to reactivate it (it isn’t free).

Anyway, If you are overseas, you can contact a Koodo rep by messaging via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Koodo/Twitter.  As far as I know, they don’t deal with issue like this via email.

When did Koodo cancelled your account due to non-payment?  

You mentioned that you paid the amount full.  Did you pay to  Koodo or collection agency?

At the end of March, the payment was paid directly to Koodo and I received a confirmation email. When I log into my account now the only thing I can see is that there is no outstanding payments.

When the account was cancelled, even if you paid the outstanding amount, the number was still deactivated. As the line was cancelled in March, your number might not be available for you to reactivate any longer. You also might have to pay a re-connection fee of $45 to reactivate it (it isn’t free).

Anyway, If you are overseas, you can contact a Koodo rep by messaging via Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Koodo/Twitter.  As far as I know, they don’t deal with issue like this via email.

I will try the facebook idea. From some forums I saw online they recycle the number at around 90 days, if this is the case I might be able to keep it. The fee is totally fine with me. I am able to use my brother's phone at times to make international calls so I don't have access to it at all times, maybe I will see if I can schedule a callback to a time where I am able to use it. I tried to call Koodo to receive help at 1 647-788-4337 but from what I can tell they no longer have on call customer service (not via callback). My other option I was thinking of was to call the Koodo branch where I opened my account once they open today, is it possible they might be able to help with an issue like this? Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I will try the facebook idea. From some forums I saw online they recycle the number at around 90 days, if this is the case I might be able to keep it. The fee is totally fine with me. I am able to use my brother's phone at times to make international calls so I don't have access to it at all times, maybe I will see if I can schedule a callback to a time where I am able to use it. I tried to call Koodo to receive help at 1 647-788-4337 but from what I can tell they no longer have on call customer service (not via callback). My other option I was thinking of was to call the Koodo branch where I opened my account once they open today, is it possible they might be able to help with an issue like this? Thanks

That is correct. You have 90 days before the number gets recycled and put back into the pool. 

Since you are out of the country, you can also try to download an app that can make or receive calls, such as Fongo, and schedule a callback to that number instead. 

That is correct. You have 90 days before the number gets recycled and put back into the pool. 

Since you are out of the country, you can also try to download an app that can make or receive calls, such as Fongo, and schedule a callback to that number instead. 

Thank you, I will download it and see if I can schedule.