Koodo Community
Question

Is there a etting to prevent ANY/ALL subscriptions from hitting my bill?

• 10 November 2021
  • 4 replies

We’ve had two ‘subscription’ charges on our most recent bill.  These are $4.99 weekly.  Trust me, we don’t ever subscribe, sign up, or otherwise authorize such charges.  I suspect Koodo doesn’t give a crap, it’s money for them and all they do is directly wrongfully charged customers to the 3rd party.  Where, via self-serve, can I prevent any and all subscription or other charges to be authorized on my phones?  With so many scammers out there, why on earth is this not front and centre and readily accessible?  Unless, of course, Koodo is fine with customers getting ripped off as long as they get a cut.  I know I will never get back the 2 x $4.99 because the aggravation is not worth it, I’ll settle for ensuring it never happens again.

By the way, it’s StreamGym.  Absolutely no method of contacting them; email and texts go into the ether.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What is the subscription for? 

I found some hits with Google but I'm not sure it's the right stream gym.

I have not heard about koodo being able to disable these subscription services unfortunately 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you tried to cancel by following the instructions here? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We’ve had two ‘subscription’ charges on our most recent bill.  These are $4.99 weekly.  Trust me, we don’t ever subscribe, sign up, or otherwise authorize such charges.  I suspect Koodo doesn’t give a crap, it’s money for them and all they do is directly wrongfully charged customers to the 3rd party.  Where, via self-serve, can I prevent any and all subscription or other charges to be authorized on my phones?  With so many scammers out there, why on earth is this not front and centre and readily accessible?  Unless, of course, Koodo is fine with customers getting ripped off as long as they get a cut.  I know I will never get back the 2 x $4.99 because the aggravation is not worth it, I’ll settle for ensuring it never happens again.

By the way, it’s StreamGym.  Absolutely no method of contacting them; email and texts go into the ether.

Based on their website, there are three ways to cancel your subscription.

1. Via text/SMS: You can unsubscribe at any time by sending 'STOP GYM' to 5415. You will be unsubscribed immediately.
  2. Via the portal: There will always be a visible option to unsubscribe in the portal.
  3. Via our helpdesk: Customers can contact us by email ca@streamgym.today if the method does not work.

We have ‘unsubscribed’ to something we never subscribed to, that’s not the question.  My question is, can we lock the phone/account so that no such subscriptions can ever be charged?  
stream Gym tells Koodo that we subscribed and that’s good enough.  They can’t show me when or who, or any thread that came from our phone, but it’s good enough to have it tacked on to our phone bill.

I am left with Koodo saying it’s not their problem, work with the 3rd party.  Apparently Stream Gym’s word carries more weight than ours.

In fairness Koodo actually called me, asked for a screen shot of the text that we never sent.  The text confirming the subscription doesn’t exist.  Koodo has no ability to go through SMS message history.  They go solely on this foreign country’s word.

Really, my issue isn’t what has happened, it was a request to see if we can block these subscriptions-via-phone-bill charges going forward.  But, thank you, it doesn’t seem to be a feature.