Koodo Community
Solved

Is it possible to set up a new phone with a number that I recently cancelled?

Hello,

This may be a bit of a stretch to ask. I changed my phone number (~60 days ago) using Koodo’s Self-Serve, which I understand has cancelled my old number. However, I was wondering if it was possible to add a new phone to my account using the number that has been cancelled. From my understanding, that number is still not in service/taken by someone else and when I try to change my number to that, it doesn’t appear as available on Koodo’s phone number lookup (from Self-Serve). Is there a way I can get that number back somehow?

icon

Best answer by Dinh 18 May 2020, 02:17

Someone mentioned it was possible but not guaranteed.

You would need a rep to find and change the number in their system (you cannot do it yourself). However, if the number was taken by someone else or ported to another carrier, you wouldn’t be able to get it.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You would need a rep to find and change the number in their system (you cannot do it yourself). However, if the number was taken by someone else or ported to another carrier, you wouldn’t be able to get it.

Got it, thank you!

Userlevel 7

The number is still reserved for your account. If a rep says it is gone, talk to another one.