Koodo Community
Solved

Internet Provider IP Blocked by Koodo

I havent been able to connect to koodo website for 8 months now..

Internet providers IP being blocked by Koodo

My internet provider has created many support tickets for this issue with no resolution

Have to go to other places to connect and print off bills

Thanks for any help

icon

Best answer by Dinh 27 April 2021, 02:00

thanks and tried that and no luck and the router and modem are the isp’s not mine

Try to contact Koodo tech then. Hopefully they can assist you (and not blaming your ISP for it).

Btw, the modem is from the ISP, but you can change parameters on it like password, port blocking, etc. There is no strict rule for not changing anything.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@homestead2020 Based on what you describe above your challenge in accessing the site is via your computer. There should be no problem connecting to Koodo via your phone. You have a healthy amount of data included in your plan. And you can make payment by logging into your account.  No need to print anything off.  Hope this helps!

Badge +4

If you are using a VPN (virtual private network) service, some websites will block VPN access. In most cases, you can temporarily disable the VPN service. If that’s not the issue, I would contact your ISP and find out exactly why their IP address is getting blocked. If still no resolution, it might be time to switch ISP’s.

https://www.howtogeek.com/403771/why-do-some-websites-block-vpns/

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Just wondering which ISP are you using? 

Also, I am assumed you used the correct address at https://www.koodomobile.com if possible can you take a snapshot of the error when you clicked on it? (without any personal information please)

This forum is also using the domain koodomobile.com. If you can access this forum, there shouldn't be any issue to access the main page. 

@homestead2020 Based on what you describe above your challenge in accessing the site is via your computer. There should be no problem connecting to Koodo via your phone. You have a healthy amount of data included in your plan. And you can make payment by logging into your account.  No need to print anything off.  Hope this helps!

Its a pain since i have to send the monthly bill to my email and print from there.. why cant koodo just unblock my internet providers ip address.. Seems simple to me

Also, I am assumed you used the correct address at https://www.koodomobile.com if possible can you take a snapshot of the error when you clicked on it? (without any personal information please)

This forum is also using the domain koodomobile.com. If you can access this forum, there shouldn't be any issue to access the main page. 

Oak Ridges Internet

Its a local company out of my home town of Enniskillen, Ontario

The ISP has called and no one seems to be able to help resolve the issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Oak Ridges Internet

Its a local company out of my home town of Enniskillen, Ontario

The ISP has called and no one seems to be able to help resolve the issue

Can you post a snapshot of the error with your browser when you go to this page www.koodomobile.com ?

This is what happens when i try to log into my account

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So you can access my link above normally? Can you see phone and plan page? 

And the problem only showed up when you tried to log into selfserve? (I saw the timeout session)

That time out error is different from blocking error. I suggest you clear the cache of the page or try with another browser. If you are using Firefox, try Chrome and see if that helps. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you access that Koodo page from your phone or does it give you the same/a similar error?

I can see the main page for koodo.

When i click on login the page times out

I have tried avg security browser, microsoft edge, chrome and the same results

Badge +4

Try starting Firefox in Troubleshoot Mode. This procedure rules out interference from browser extensions and other anomalies that may prevent the login page from loading.

In Firefox, click the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines in the upper right corner of the screen). Click Help. Select Troubleshoot mode. 

A pop-up dialogue box will ask to restart in Troubleshoot Mode - click the Restart button - then click Open. Try logging in to your self-serve account. If you’re able to log into your account, then there may be a browser extension causing the issue. 

To turn off Troubleshooting Mode, click the hamburger icon > Help - select Turn Troubleshoot Mode off.

sorry that didnt work

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you try to access Koodo self-serve with Private mode in firefox? (File » New Private Window).  Hopefully that helps

Also, Do you have access to your internet modem? can you try to change your DNS server on your router to Google DNS? (1.1.1.1).

thanks and tried that and no luck and the router and modem are the isp’s not mine

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Try to contact Koodo tech then. Hopefully they can assist you (and not blaming your ISP for it).

Btw, the modem is from the ISP, but you can change parameters on it like password, port blocking, etc. There is no strict rule for not changing anything.

thanks for all your help

take care

Todd