Koodo Community

Community

Solved

If I buy a new Koodo phone on internet, will it be synched with my number and activated when I receive it or do I need to do something else?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi,

You will need to call Koodo and get them to change your account over to the new SIM card, there won't be a charge to this and it will take about 5 minutes to do. That's the only thing you will need to do.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Or you could just pop the old SIM card in your new phone if it's the same size!
Userlevel 5
Hey pXXX cXXX 😉

Please tell us which phone you've got and which phone you want to buy online and we'll tell you what you have to do exactly.

Thanks
Nabil wrote:

Hey pXXX cXXX 😉

Please tell us which phone you've got and which phone you want to buy online a...

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I was thinking about getting an iPhone 5S or the Alcatel a392a (Yeah, I know they're ''kind'' of different, but I'd like to have a simple phone and stop worrying about it)
Userlevel 7
Nabil wrote:

Hey pXXX cXXX 😉

Please tell us which phone you've got and which phone you want to buy online a...

Do you currently have a Tab or is that done?
Nabil wrote:

Hey pXXX cXXX 😉

My phone is all paid up. 
Userlevel 7
Nabil wrote:

Hey pXXX cXXX 😉

Okay, so you can go to a kiosk or order a phone online, here is an approximate cost breakdown for your phone:

Notes: The current offer on the iPhone 5S ends on the 22nd, as does the 53$ monthly plan that is currently on promo. This is not an official quote, and prices may vary. I am not a Koodo employee, just trying to give you a cost estimate of what you can expect. These prices are also set to reflect the Ontario market.
Nabil wrote:

Hey pXXX cXXX 😉

But I don't have to take the 53$ plan with the iPhone, right ? I can take it and just take the cheapest plan ? 
Userlevel 7
Nabil wrote:

Hey pXXX cXXX 😉

Yup. Your able to pick any plan you want except the tab plus plans.