Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I'm a international student .I wonder about my data.

I was registerd in Koodo today. How much can I use data from October 16th to October 21st ? I heard that this plan will restart new data, call and message from 21st every month. so I want to know that . My plan is 40$ of Canada-wide Data Plans. And how many can I use messaging per month? Is this plan unlimited? Please tell easily and in detail me for this plan .

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Your base plan will renew every 30 days. Your entire plan will be renewed on november 16th.You can use 200 mb until your plan renews on november 16th.There is unlimited texting included in your plan Also since you just started out with koodo, your first bill will be more expensive than usual. This is due to proration and totally normal on your first bill and it is a one time charge. Dont be surprised 🙂
Daniel Kim wrote:

Your base plan will renew every 30 days. Your entire plan will be renewed on november 16th.You ca...

Thank you ! By any chance, are you Korean? 혹시 한국분이신가요? 맞으면 답변부탁드려요 그럼 전화는 월요일부터 목요일은 각날마다 오후5시부터 다음날 아침8시까지 사용가능한거고 비슷하게 금요일부터 일요일까지는 금요일오후 5시부터 일요일넘어서 월요일아침8시까지 주말내내 끊김없이 사용가능한거죠? 그리고 이걸 전부 통틀어서 200분 내로 사용하면 되는거구요. 그리고 뭐 캐나다 아무지역으로 예를들면 밴쿠버에 있는 사람한테 전화하는것도 위에 사항내로 사용한다면 더 추가 금액은 없는건지 궁금합니다 또 문자는 어느나라 상관없이 무제한으로 사진이던 장문의 메세지건 보내는것 받는것 둘다 요금 추가 없이 무제한으로 사용가능한건지 궁금하구요 또 이 요금제는 받는건 돈 드는걸로 알고있는데 그사람이 저한테 전화를 거는동안에도 제가 요금을 지불해야하는건지 궁금합니다 마지막으로 데이터는 200MB까진데 additional data $5/250MB applies라는건 제가사용할수있는 200MB에서 50MB를 5달러더 내고 사용 가능하다는건가요? 질문이 참 많네요 .... 그래도 좋은 답변 부탁드리겠습니다~
Userlevel 7
Daniel Kim wrote:

Your base plan will renew every 30 days. Your entire plan will be renewed on november 16th.You ca...

네, 한국사람 마습니다. 저 한국어 잘 못헤요 영어로 무러보면 도아줄수이서요 🙂
Userlevel 7
Koodo offers unlimited text and picture (sms / mms) messaging on that plan so you could text all day and never pay a cent more. Data use is all depending on how you use it. Depending on the phone you have you may be able to set it to monitor your data and cut you off when you get near your limit. Your data and minute bucket reset on your bill date which you can view from self serve. If you haven't registered for self serve yet I suggest you do so. It's a great tool to monitor your use as well as make changes to your account. Welcome to Koodo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I read it that Oct.16-21 is the pro-rated part and the 21st is when the billing cycle renews every month
Userlevel 7
Dennis wrote:

I read it that Oct.16-21 is the pro-rated part and the 21st is when the billing cycle renews ever...

oh sorry my mistake. I talked about proration then totally forgot about proration lol.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

I read it that Oct.16-21 is the pro-rated part and the 21st is when the billing cycle renews ever...

Its all good. After that part it's all Korean to me 😛
Userlevel 1
As someone new to Canada, you can qualify for 30 mins free long distance (if you also have a ScotiaBank StartRight account). Did you get it? It should read as "Intl Long Distance Promo add-on" in self-serve if you have it.