Koodo Community
Solved

I just received my new phone but someone already has been given my assigned number

• 15 April 2020
  • 8 replies

I just received my new phone and someone called me and said that this is “his number already”. I picked the number from the list when you are choosing your new plan etc when fkirst ordering the phone. When I go to self-serve it says I cant change the number for 14 days and I need to get another number,. Can someone please help as I cant seem to reach a live person during this COVID-19 time. Thanks!

Diego T. (Ryan)

icon

Best answer by Dennis 15 April 2020, 01:35

So this issue is not entirely unheard of.  This actually happened to my number when I first got it.

You will need a rep to investigate.  Please send Koodo a private message via facebook or twitter and they can help from there.

Note that it will take some time for Koodo to reply

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m unsure what you mean, if you picked the number, it’s yours. It might have belonged to someone else in the past, and perhaps the one who called you didn’t know they abandoned their number… then 3 months later it was available for you to pick. Is that what could have happened?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you give more details? His number already? You picked your number on the site… it's yours? Did this belong to someone over 90 days ago who closed their account?

I keep getting this person calling me saying that this is their phone number, did you get a new phone. I really would like to just try a different number - I don't know how it happened that's why I need help

I picked it on the site, guy says his account is with bell,  account is up to date, maybe its their error but I cant answer questions I have no idea about

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You got to choose your number when you ordered online?  When I ordered, I was pre-assigned a number and could only change my number after the line was active.

I gives you a list of possible numbers that are available and you pick one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So this issue is not entirely unheard of.  This actually happened to my number when I first got it.

You will need a rep to investigate.  Please send Koodo a private message via facebook or twitter and they can help from there.

Note that it will take some time for Koodo to reply

ok thanks sent them a note that way