Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I have recently bought a koodo phone (moto e) and I have a koodo sim card, what are the steps I take now to put my phone on a monthly plan

Just wondering if I can activate my phone from home, because I live out in the boonies.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Absolutely. Take a look at the Koodo support docs

http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo

activating your phone. Procedures are different for prepaid or post-paid.

We can't help you here unless you've been through the process yourself and have a problem.

If you plan to activate on a postpaid plan, call Koodo customer care at 1-866-995-6636 to activate it. They do require a credit check so have your IDs ready. If you want to go for a prepaid service, you can activate online @ activateprepaid.koodomobile.com. Check out the post and pre paid plans to see which one is suitable for your needs on the koodomobile.com site. Hope this helps!
Userlevel 3
Hello Liam, 

Both Bob and Kathy are right! Just make sure that you have a new SIM card and it's appropriate for the type of service you'd like to activate (postpaid or prepaid).

Let us know how this worked out for you!
A new sim card? I have one from my old koodo phone, and it fits, will that work? And btw, what are the customer care hours? Thanks guys!!
Userlevel 3
Hey Liam, 

If your SIM has never been activated before, you shouldn't have any problems with it. On the other hand, if your SIM has been previously used, the activation won't be possible.
Just in case you would need a SIM, you can get one from any of our Koodo Shops and partner stores: http://koo.do/1FGnrCE.

Regarding your second inquiry, our hours of operation are from Monday  to Friday: 9am - 9pm and Saturday & Sunday: 9am - 7pm.

Many thanks!

Alright since I cannot buy anything through koodo on the internet, and they make you buy a new sim card, what partner stores could I use to buy a sim card from online, and since I want to get a monthly plan, do I buy a post paid or a prepaid sim?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Liam wrote:

Alright since I cannot buy anything through koodo on the internet, and they make you buy a new si...

When was last time you used your old  Koodo phone and sim card?
Userlevel 2
Liam wrote:

Alright since I cannot buy anything through koodo on the internet, and they make you buy a new si...

Honestly, I live in NS and the only store that sells sim cards in the entire province is in Halifax... You said you live in the boonies, so you might be in the same situation.

Prepaid SIM's won't work on post-paid accounts (and vice versa). If you bought a prepaid Moto E and now want to activate it on a "normal" monthly plan, you're gonna need a new SIM card.

If you can't make it to a store that sells them, your best bet is eBay. It sucks, but it is what it is. There are tons of legit sellers out there, just make sure they have hundreds (if not thousands) of reviews, all positive, and you should be OK.

I wish Koodo would get it together and fix their store already. Buying SIM's is ridiculous right now unless there is an actual Koodo store (not a "retail partner") nearby. I needed a new prepaid SIM just a couple of weeks ago and had to drive 2.5 hours EACH WAY to get it. Fortunately I had other reasons for visiting Halifax that weekend.
And you guys are helpful thanks