Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I have an older phone that I'd like to give to my roommate it's on koodo Id of course like a new phone number for it and his own billing

I have an older phone that I'd like to give to my roommate it's on koodo. I'd of course like a new phone number for it and his own billing acct.. What do I do?  It's an LG.

21 replies

It's an LG phone.

Userlevel 7
Hi Tellulah,

You can just remove the SIM card from your the phone and give it to your friend. He/She will need go to Koodo and get it activated themselves on their own account and get their number, plan, etc.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Tellulah,

You can just remove the SIM card from your the phone and give it to your friend. He...

And then you can get a new phone and put your sim into that one and continue to have service.

Or you can call Koodo to cancel.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Tellulah,

You can just remove the SIM card from your the phone and give it to your friend. He...

The LG doesn't have a SIM card.  But it's on Koodo.  He has no phone at all and never has so is on no plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Tellulah,

Then he will need to get his own sim card and his own plan with Koodo (if the phone is still locked to koodo which it sounds like it is).

You giving him your phone means you are still responsible for your bill, plan, and any tab charges.

Unless you are looking to transfer ownership of everything to him?
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Tellulah,

The Lg has no spot for a SIM card.  I checked under the battery and around it there's no SIM card slot.  Yes I will be transferring ownership to him.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Tellulah,

What is the model number ? You never got a SIM card to put into it ? If it turns out that it is a CDMA phone wow you made it last and no your friend won't be able to use it then since I believe no new CDMA customers are being taken. Check out the user manual for where the Sim slot is otherwise.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Tellulah,

darn it's CDMA to bad because it works perfectly and is a great phone.  Do you know how I can find out for sure if CDMA customers are or are not being taken for sure?  Thx for the info Goran.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Tellulah,

I can confirm that indeed that is the case. That network is in the process being shut down, so the phone would not be of good use for an extended period.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Tellulah,

Both Bell and Telus ar shutting down their respective CDMA networks region by region Tallulah. For I believe a few years now both have only been taking new CDMA customers in Manitoba and Northern Ontario wherever there is CDMA coverage bu not HSPA and now I believe no new customers are being taken in general at all anymore given the near term shuttering of the legacy network.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Tellulah,

The manual said CDMA. I'd like to stick with KOODO, so just searching around now something newer, I'm sure I'll come up with one.  Thx Goran for the info!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If he's not with Koodo you will need to unlock your phone then.
Robert wrote:

If he's not with Koodo you will need to unlock your phone then.

It's a CDMA phone LG Banter works perfectly.  Does Koodo take CDMA customers? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If your roommate want to open a monthly/postpaid account, Koodo will need to run a credit check on him. So he will need to bring proper ID when he go to Koodo store.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Tellulah make sure you also don't miss out on our refer a friend offer. Go here to quickly register and both you and your friend will get an airtime credit. Just make sure your friend registers prior to activating.

http://koodo.com/refer
Bernard wrote:

@Tellulah make sure you also don't miss out on our refer a friend offer. Go here to quickl...

Does Koodo take CDMA customers it's an LG Banter on Koodo?

Userlevel 7
Bernard wrote:

@Tellulah make sure you also don't miss out on our refer a friend offer. Go here to quickl...

Koodo does not run a CDMA network anymore. I believe that Rogers are the only ones that offer a CDMA network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Rogers never had a CDMA network. Do you mean their GSM/2G network ?
Bernard wrote:

thx for the help with this issue, guess he'll have to buy a new phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

He can check Certified Pre-Owned phone from Koodo shop.
You have to call stores and ask them what kind of Certified Pre-Owned phones are available.
Their stock level is vary each store, so you might find a good deal.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

The Moto E is currently 72 preowned (3x24mths) or 99 prepaid new at Best buy and it's a huge upgrade over the Banter. Or look for something used.