Koodo Community
Solved

"I have a new SIM card" option not showing up in Reactivate my phone

• 22 July 2020
  • 2 replies

I lost my SIM card, so I followed instructions in help, suspended my phone, but when I try to reactivate my new SIM card, the “I have a new SIM card” option is not showing, only “I found my phone” option.

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 22 July 2020, 03:42

When my mother in law lost her phone ( inside hospital!), I stopped auto top up and didn’t put money in her prepaid account for few weeks.  I also reported lost phone through self serve too. 

And once I get a new SIM and she was out hospital. I tried to re-activate it. But I couldn’t do anything.  I couldn’t enter new SIM info, I couldn’t put money, I couldn’t change her plan. I tried to enter more than few different credit card… still nothing worked.

Then, I just realized reporting of  “lost phone” might preventing reactivate. So, I clicked “lost/stolen phone tab and I clicked “I found my phone” option even tho we couldn’t find it.  And, Boom, I could reactivate her account. I could top up her account, then change SIM.

It was prepaid account. But, postpaid might work same way.  You can click “I found my phone” to reactivate for now. But, I would contact Koodo to let them know your phone wasn’t found and remain blacklisted on it. Just needed to use the option to reactivate. 

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That’s weird. It shouldnt be happening that way.

I recommend sending Koodo a private message via facebook or twitter for a rep to set you back up

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When my mother in law lost her phone ( inside hospital!), I stopped auto top up and didn’t put money in her prepaid account for few weeks.  I also reported lost phone through self serve too. 

And once I get a new SIM and she was out hospital. I tried to re-activate it. But I couldn’t do anything.  I couldn’t enter new SIM info, I couldn’t put money, I couldn’t change her plan. I tried to enter more than few different credit card… still nothing worked.

Then, I just realized reporting of  “lost phone” might preventing reactivate. So, I clicked “lost/stolen phone tab and I clicked “I found my phone” option even tho we couldn’t find it.  And, Boom, I could reactivate her account. I could top up her account, then change SIM.

It was prepaid account. But, postpaid might work same way.  You can click “I found my phone” to reactivate for now. But, I would contact Koodo to let them know your phone wasn’t found and remain blacklisted on it. Just needed to use the option to reactivate.