Koodo Community
Solved

I cannot get through self-serve

This is what happened.

I ordered SIM card + plan but my address did not match the credit card address. So I am stuck in this "waiting to be approved" status under self-serve.

I decided to order a new the SIM card + plan with a matching address, and received an email to sign up for self-serve. I had already created a self-serve account using my current phone number (which I plan to keep) and used my main email address. So now, I can't create a new account like the email tells me to.

I am feeling pretty frustrated already and might even cancel everything to go with another service provider. I don't want to call a service rep because I'll get charged for calling them. I'm switching to save money, not spend it upfront on setup. Is there anything I can do about this?
icon

Best answer by Dennis 15 February 2019, 00:47

seohihi wrote:

I placed the second order after I got an email saying the first order got cancelled. Clearly, my self-serve page is still stuck on the cancelled first order, which won't be confirmed.

They did say that I won't be charged for cancelling, so I might do that if this issue persists. I'm didn't pick Koodo to go through this trouble when literally another provider currently offers the exact same deal...

Ok I understand now.

In that case your 2nd order is warranted. 1st order is cancelled so no worries there.

Just wait for your 2nd order and your self serve confirmation email to arrive. Once that happens, you can contact Koodo to fix your self serve. That should clean up everything.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
At this point, I would send a private message to koodo via facebook or twitter. Just let them know both your order numbers (assuming the first order went through/pending to be approved).
Here, the rep should be able to fix any self serve email issue or order duplication
I emailed and they said to call for account setup once I get my SIM card. I don't want to pay $35 for account setup. I ordered online just to avoid that. Is there really nothing I can do but cancel? I'd think all they have to do is clear my first order so that I can access self-serve for my second order.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
seohihi wrote:

I emailed and they said to call for account setup once I get my SIM card. I don't want to pay $35 for account setup. I ordered online just to avoid that. Is there really nothing I can do but cancel? I'd think all they have to do is clear my first order so that I can access self-serve for my second order.

Ok this is suppose to be the process.

1. You place your order online (ideally your credit card and shipping addresses match, if they dont, the online order will error out until the problem is fixed).
  2. You wait for your order to arrive
  3. The day your order arrives, you should also get an email to confirm your self serve account (if you register your self serve account before you confirm your self serve account you will have screwed up your self serve since there will be a duplicate email in the system).
So I am unclear how you ordered your sim when the addresses dont match.
If for some reason there is a problem, the webstore should email or call you.

I'm not sure why you made a second order when the first order is not confirmed to be a problem yet. SO creating a 2nd new account order with the same email will definitely lead to a self serve registration problem even if you get the confirmation email.

Also Who did you email? Was it the private message via facebook or twitter that I advised?
I placed the second order after I got an email saying the first order got cancelled. Clearly, my self-serve page is still stuck on the cancelled first order, which won't be confirmed.

They did say that I won't be charged for cancelling, so I might do that if this issue persists. I'm didn't pick Koodo to go through this trouble when literally another provider currently offers the exact same deal...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
seohihi wrote:

Ok I understand now.

In that case your 2nd order is warranted. 1st order is cancelled so no worries there.

Just wait for your 2nd order and your self serve confirmation email to arrive. Once that happens, you can contact Koodo to fix your self serve. That should clean up everything.