Koodo Community
Solved

I can’t change my phone number

• 3 June 2021
  • 4 replies

I ordered a SIM card in the mail, and the instructions said I could bring in my old phone number from a different provider.

the self serve system says I have to wait 14 days, which I was not made aware of before. And when I try to initiate the transfer anyway, it just says “Oops something went wrong”. I have tried on several browsers, on my phone, same message. 

the chat assistant isn’t any help here. I would like to resolve this issue soon.

thank you!

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 3 June 2021, 17:47

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I ordered a SIM card in the mail, and the instructions said I could bring in my old phone number from a different provider.

the self serve system says I have to wait 14 days, which I was not made aware of before. And when I try to initiate the transfer anyway, it just says “Oops something went wrong”. I have tried on several browsers, on my phone, same message. 

the chat assistant isn’t any help here. I would like to resolve this issue soon.

thank you!

You should be able to port over immediately. Visit this link and follow the instructions. Make sure to respond to the port confirmation SMS from your previous service provider before putting in your Koodo SIM card. You will have 90 minutes to respond. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

I followed all the instructions. The only issue was how I entered the account number. My old provider uses dashes in the number, but Koodo requires you enter it without dashes. Thankfully I figured this out.

I wish that Koodo would tell me why the transfer wasn’t going through rather than just saying “Oops”. They could easily say somewhere that account numbers should be entered without dashes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is your sim card active? When you try it in your phone can you send texts, make calls? 

Userlevel 3

Hi, @maddyw9876

Welcome to our big happy family! :) Thanks for your feedback! We’ll definitely take it into consideration and will always work on improving the system.