Koodo Community
Solved

I am switching to Koodo and already ordered sim. I can't log in to self serve, it says my account is linked to another email address?

I've never been a Koodo customer before, not sure what's going on. Please help. Also I have two lines I'd like to port over, but not sure how to get the second over on the same account as a first time customer.

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Bernard Koodo 29 December 2018, 03:11

@briannamae Goran is indeed right, you won't be able to set up your self serve account until you receive the SIM. You should receive an email with a link once the SIM is shipped that you can use to set up your self serve account.
Once you first line is approved to be open, and as long as certain conditions are met, you add a second line which would be the one you want port over.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you haven't received your sim card yet, it's not activated. You jumped the gun unfortunately and Koodo is working on revising it to be more clear. Try again once you get the sim activated. If it still won't work, then you'll need to send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter to get it sorted out.

As for porting to the same account, I'm not sure that you can do that yourself online. Youd probably have to do one, get self-serve up, then do the other or just port over as two separate accounts and merge later.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@briannamae Goran is indeed right, you won't be able to set up your self serve account until you receive the SIM. You should receive an email with a link once the SIM is shipped that you can use to set up your self serve account.
Once you first line is approved to be open, and as long as certain conditions are met, you add a second line which would be the one you want port over.
briannamae wrote:

I've never been a Koodo customer before, not sure what's going on. Please help. Also I have two lines I'd like to port over, but not sure how to get the second over on the same account as a first time customer.

Thanks

You'll need to contact Koodo to fix your self serve error. You need to set up a self serve account through the link in the activation email that Koodo sends you otherwise you receive that error.

Once you get one account going, use it to refer the other. That way both accounts will receive referral credits.

https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/public/home.pg?lang=en
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Mats I fixed it for her. 🙂
Goran wrote:

As for porting to the same account, I'm not sure that you can do that yourself online. Youd probably have to do one, get self-serve up, then do the other or just port over as two separate accounts and merge later.

Thank you so much for your reply. I have two phones on a shared plan with Rogers. I would like both over here with Koodo. I've already put in my request for my main account, and am looking for how to bring my second line, without incurring charges from Rogers once my main account has been ported over.

If I port over as two separate accounts for now, does that mean it would have to be in someone else's name? Or is it possible to have two accounts in my name, same address, same credit card, different emails? Will two credit checks have to occur?

Thanks and sorry if my questions are self-evident (lol). Just trying to figure it out
Bernard Koodo wrote:

@Mats I fixed it for her. :-)

I saw this after I had sent my last reply 🙂