Koodo Community
Solved

How to switch from Koodo monthly to prepaid?

I’ve seen numerous threads about this but all of them point to broken/unauthorized links.

How do I go about switching from my monthly plan to a prepaid plan?

I tried going to Self Serve → Mobile Services → Change my plan

But the only options that show up are other monthly plans. I have seemingly no way to switch to prepaid online. I just tried calling and due to COVID, no one picked up, and the line just closed on me.

icon

Best answer by BobTheElectrician 19 May 2020, 23:47

Stores are largely closed, but you can get a prepaid SIM mailed to you on ebay.ca (not eBay.com). The $20 credit printed on the packaging is now obsolete, but the price of the the SIM is only a few bucks more than the postage.

You then activate as a new prepaid customer by logging in/registering to self-serve as prepaid. Your current post-paid account will be closed once you port over the number, so you will  get a final post-paid bill.

Best to think in terms of post- and re-paid being two separate entities entirely… the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing, and that might be charitable.

Switched to prepaid years ago and haven’t regretted a minute.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You cannot switch from Monthly to Prepaid by a simple switching in Selfserve. Prepaid is operating independently from postpaid.

You would need to buy a prepaid SIM, activate it as a new customer in Prepaid system. After activation, you could port your number from postpaid to prepaid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Stores are largely closed, but you can get a prepaid SIM mailed to you on ebay.ca (not eBay.com). The $20 credit printed on the packaging is now obsolete, but the price of the the SIM is only a few bucks more than the postage.

You then activate as a new prepaid customer by logging in/registering to self-serve as prepaid. Your current post-paid account will be closed once you port over the number, so you will  get a final post-paid bill.

Best to think in terms of post- and re-paid being two separate entities entirely… the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing, and that might be charitable.

Switched to prepaid years ago and haven’t regretted a minute.