Koodo Community
Question

How to remove my protection plan using Self Serve?

• 15 September 2020
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

The sales person talked me into getting the  protection plan because I have some credits. But now I can’t get rid of it. According to the Help instruction, I should be able to do it online. But no where to find. 

Thanks. 

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

See answers in this link https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodo-phone-protection-plan

Userlevel 1

See answers in this link https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodo-phone-protection-plan

Thanks for prompt reply!  But I went through the list before and it kept referring to either self help, a general link or contact the Call Centre.  Not helpful at all! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for prompt reply!  But I went through the list before and it kept referring to either self help, a general link or contact the Call Centre.  Not helpful at all! 

When you login to self serve  > view rate plan > manage add one.  Don’t you see this protection/warranty ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

The above noted link specified a 15 day period during which you may cancel the protection plan.

If you do not get help from the community who faced a similar experience prior to the 15 day deadline, you may either try getting back to the sales person (if you got it at a koodo store) or through koodo callback from a support agent via koodo Chat   www.koodomobile.com/chat [type  #helpss]

Good luck!

Userlevel 1

When you login to self serve  > view rate plan > manage add one.  Don’t you see this protection/warranty ?

Thanks Mayumi, but the line item wasn’t even on my bill and it is a separate charge on my credit card, which is very frustrating, as it took me a couple of months to find out that they have the monthly charge on my credit card directly, and not as part of my bill. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks Mayumi, but the line item wasn’t even on my bill and it is a separate charge on my credit card, which is very frustrating, as it took me a couple of months to find out that they have the monthly charge on my credit card directly, and not as part of my bill. 

Oh, I see.  If it’s not on Koodo’s bill, then you bought it from something “in store program “? When did you purchase it? Was it Koodo store or retail partner?

Add: I just noticed you mentioned it took you a couple of months to find out…   I would go back to the store and make complaints to the store manager. You got pressured by a rep and bought it, but now you don’t want it.  You also  found out that it not even listed on Koodos self serve as add-on . You didn’t even know if it was a store promotion or not.  

Userlevel 1

The above noted link specified a 15 day period during which you may cancel the protection plan.

If you do not get help from the community who faced a similar experience prior to the 15 day deadline, you may either try getting back to the sales person (if you got it at a koodo store) or through koodo callback from a support agent via koodo Chat   www.koodomobile.com/chat [type  #helpss]

Good luck!

Thanks! I appreciated your prompt reply and that is the plan for now. But tried to contact them today and the useless virtual assistant didn’t bother to help me to set up a call back, as they are “too popular”. Thanks. 

Userlevel 1

Oh, I see.  If it’s not on Koodo’s bill, then you bought it from something “in store program “? When did you purchase it? Was it Koodo store or retail partner?

Add: I just noticed you mentioned it took you a couple of months to find out…   I would go back to the store and make complaints to the store manager. You got pressured by a rep and bought it, but now you don’t want it.  You also  found out that it not even listed on Koodos self serve as add-on . You didn’t even know if it was a store promotion or not.  

Yes, it was from Mobile Shop at Superstore. To be honest, I am still trying to figure out if it is a Koodo product or someone else.  If someone else, who can authorize them to charge my credit card. I don’t think Mobile Shop offers any extensive warranty. Or do they??  Regardless, thank you for your tip and it is definitely part of my plan. But just haven’t had the time to physically visit the store yet. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

See answers in this link https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/koodo-phone-protectio

Yes, it was from Mobile Shop at Superstore. To be honest, I am still trying to figure out if it is a Koodo product or someone else.  If someone else, who can authorize them to charge my credit card. I don’t think Mobile Shop offers any extensive warranty. Or do they??  Regardless, thank you for your tip and it is definitely part of my plan. But just haven’t had the time to physically visit the store yet. 

If it was a Koodo product/add-on, then you should see it under plan/add-on through self serve.  And the charge will be included on your bill.

If you don’t/didn’t see it, then it most likely it was a store product. 
I would go back to the store and ask them to remove/cancel it right away. 🤞

Userlevel 1

Thanks for everyone’s support! Just an update for everyone. It turns out that it was a Mobile Shop plan.  Throughout the ordeal, I found out that the processing fee (think of deductible amount when you make an insurance claim is $150 for my iPhone 8).  The plan was administrated by a company called Bright Start Protect.  Tried their Chat feature, which was broken. Tried my luck with the 844 number (844-225-6333) and surprisingly no wait time - I guess no one knows about them.  The rep tried to save the cancellation, but I was firm to get rid of it. She backed down.   Refunded half of this month and no question was asked. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for everyone’s support! Just an update for everyone. It turns out that it was a Mobile Shop plan.  Throughout the ordeal, I found out that the processing fee (think of deductible amount when you make an insurance claim is $150 for my iPhone 8).  The plan was administrated by a company called Bright Start Protect.  Tried their Chat feature, which was broken. Tried my luck with the 844 number (844-225-6333) and surprisingly no wait time - I guess no one knows about them.  The rep tried to save the cancellation, but I was firm to get rid of it. She backed down.   Refunded half of this month and no question was asked. 

Thank you for update. And I'm glad you could manage get rid of it👍😃

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@FKC  Glad that it worked for you. It is easy to give up when facing obstacles. You did not, and you deserve kudos for pursuing the cancellation and serving as an an example to all of us.

Userlevel 1

@FKC  Glad that it worked for you. It is easy to give up when facing obstacles. You did not, and you deserve kudos for pursuing the cancellation and serving as an an example to all of us.

Thanks again, @nim4165! No obstacle that is too big stands between me and my hard earned money :grin: It is a confusing world and I am glad that I finally figured out what is going on, thanks to you and @Mayumi.  I really appreciate your help!