Koodo Community
Solved

How to remove easy roam

I love the idea of easy roam but how does one remove it? It has US and International easy roam as two separate features and self serve wont let me take them off(guessing because they both need to be cancelled together)

42 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It gets added to your add-ons separately as "$7/day US Easy Roam" and "$10/day Easy Roam INTL". You can simply remove them via manage add-ons on self serve.
Thanks for your answer but that's my question. It's not letting me remove those features.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If it's not letting you remove the feature then you can send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter to get it sorted out. However as I understand it, you only get charged that amount if you use your phone while roaming and it kicks in then.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
[b][Updated] - feature is NOW removable via Self Serve

Once the feature is added, you won't need the help of a rep to remove it, as it's NOW removable on your own. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ranjan wrote:

Once the feature is added, you...

If keeping this add on active all the time, make sure you disable your phone's roaming setting if near a border.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ranjan wrote:

Once the feature is added, you...

Or manually choose the Koodo network instead of automatic
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Deniz, I'm curious why you were thinking of having easy roam removed? As per Ranjan above it is a service that simply give you access to its benefits. It cost nothing until it's used. So I'm wondering what made you think that you have to remove it? Thanks for your insights!
Bernard wrote:

@Deniz, I'm curious why you were thinking of having easy roam removed? As per Ranjan above...

The potential for accidentally sending a $10SMS is massive. I'd dearly like to remove the feature myself, which I never would have dreamed of signing up for had I known there was no way to remove it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

@Deniz, I'm curious why you were thinking of having easy roam removed? As per Ranjan above...

You can remove it Michael. Send us an FB message and it's done. That said, we are working on making it available for online removal as well. In a couple of weeks should be ready. 
Bernard wrote:

Looks like it was missed. But they are very quick and helpful on facebook. -although self serve, or another quick text to remove(just like the way it's added)may be better. How about ADD ROAM and REMOVE ROAM....text to that number. And done.
Bernard wrote:

Also, you have to remove Easy Roam to add a different travel package with Telus. It's a pain.
Userlevel 5
Bernard wrote:

Bernard, a month ago, you said Koodo was "working on making it available for online removal" and "in a couple of weeks it should be ready".  Can you update us on this?

Bernard wrote:

There was another (even better) suggestion below by Dennis maybe have the pay per use rate used until the limit is hit where Easy roam becomes more worth while
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Delivered as promised. On self serve under your manage add-on section. 
Userlevel 5
Bernard wrote:

Bernard, that's excellent and a really fast response) !  Now, I have Easy Roam disabled and  --while I'm in the US I decide to activate it for a couple of days -- will I be charged the pay-for-use $5 charge for texting the 4 digit code to Koodo?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

To activate Easy Roam? No.
Userlevel 5
Bernard wrote:

Thanks, Bernard.  Would the other 99 texts I paid for in the pay-as-you-go pkg still be accessible for me to use whenever  I decided to de-activate Easy Roam again? 

I'm exploring how Easy Roam might be used for a long trip (4 months) to the US. I could see myself toggling Easy Roam on and off several times during this time.  I don't NEED easy roam when I am at my Florida place, which has a landline and wifi, but I need voice, text and data when I am travelling there and back and when we take short sightseeing trips. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Hi Elinor - the $5/100 text bucket would be available for the bill cycle you activate it within. Therefore, if you use the pay-per-use rate to send some texts, then activate Easy Roam for a few days and later remove the add-on, what's left of the 100 messages would still be available, as long as you're within the same bill cycle.
Hope that helps clarify.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Hi Elinor - the $5/100 text bucket would be available for the bill cycle you activate it within. Therefore, if you use the pay-per-use rate to send some texts, then activate Easy Roam for a few days and later remove the add-on, what's left of the 100 messages would still be available, as long as you're within the same bill cycle.
Hope that helps clarify.
Userlevel 5
Bernard wrote:

Thank you Ranjan. I know how hectic the last few days have been for you guys. I wouldn't have bothered you but am under pressure to figure out what US phone service to buy before I leave Canada . I appreciate your stellar efforts!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Not a bother at all - everyone here's here to help, no matter how busy it gets 🙂
Hi the reason I want to remove it is that I dont want to pay $10 for a single text if I only send one text one day. And in self serve it's says to "contact us" to remove it. I select the option, delete it and get this error
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
deniz wrote:

Hi the reason I want to remove it is that I dont want to pay $10 for a single text if I only send...

You'll need the help of a rep. to remove it Deniz. Shoot us a private message on Facebook and a rep. will get back to verify you as the account owner, and assist in getting it removed. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
deniz wrote:

Hi the reason I want to remove it is that I dont want to pay $10 for a single text if I only send...

Makes sense. If you are not planning on using your phone when you roam, but for some reason you want to send one or two texts than indeed you are better off without it. We'll talk to the team about the feasibility to make it removable online. Thanks again Deniz! For now, as per Ranjan, if you could send us a private message on FB we'll help you remove it.
deniz wrote:

Thank you!