Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How to permanently remove data cap via Self Serve?

Userlevel 2
Since the new CRTC regulations, there is now a $50 cap on data overages, where a customer must respond to a text if they want to remove the cap. I cannot find a way to have this cap removed in Self Serve. I'm very much against any type of a cap for my data as I do not feel it's fair. I want to use my data how I see fit and I accept any overages for it.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Once the text comes in you can just accept the overage and you will continue to be charged for the additional data use. I don't see a problem here. They're not actually limiting you without a choice.
Userlevel 2
Jonathan I wrote:

Once the text comes in you can just accept the overage and you will continue to be charged for th...

My understanding is that it would have to be done every billing cycle.
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

Once the text comes in you can just accept the overage and you will continue to be charged for th...

Don't you get some amazing plan because you work for Koodo anyway? Why would this even concern you? Lol
Userlevel 2
Jonathan I wrote:

Well yes, I do 😛, but the thought of having my data capped, even if it gives me the option to stop or continue, annoys me. I'd rather not get the request if I do hit the mark (which I almost did last month XD).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So you get a text when you reach your limit & you just type a Y or something then your data continues? If that's what it is that's a great feature for ppl who don't understand how much data things can take on their phone. I don't see it being removable if it's a CRTC regulation to give this heads up. I actually find it a very handy thing that will help prevent angry customers.
Userlevel 3
I have it with Bell also, on my Bell wireless internet device. Scared the living piss out of me the first time it happened. Locked up my access until I clicked "accept all additional charges". I appreciate the new warnings, but it's a rude awakening the first time you see it.
Userlevel 1
Bill Melater wrote:

I have it with Bell also, on my Bell wireless internet device. Scared the living piss out of...

I bet it was Bell Boy.....lol
Userlevel 1
Now, is the data overage, billed to me under the amount stated in my original plan ( I'm thinking yes) OR did CRTC ALSO cap the price of data overage? And do we still receive the 75% usage warning?
Userlevel 2
Moto G wrote:

Now, is the data overage, billed to me under the amount stated in my original plan ( I'm thinkin...

Cap was dictated by CRTC rulings.
Userlevel 4
To get that cap permanently removed, you have to call Koodo and have them select the option to opt-out of the bill-cycle data blocking. The account holder's approval is not needed as long as the account is verified.
Userlevel 1
OK Thanks Tyler C
Userlevel 4
Moto G wrote:

OK Thanks Tyler C

No problem