Koodo Community

How to have a replacement sim card sent to my address?

• 9 April 2021
  • 4 replies

I’m out of the country and my phone was stolen.

I’m trying to have a replacement SIM sent to my home, so I can get connected when I return. Tried using the “chat” but the bot just talks in circles (thanks Ada, great job). The closest I got to a sim replacement request was getting a callback - but it can only call back my existing phone number, which I of course don’t have access to.

The FAQ’s say to just pop into one of their stores for a replacement SIM, but I won’t be able to do that until 2 weeks after my arrival in Canada.

Further complicating the issue, ArriveCAN will want a working telephone number to reach me at to ensure I’m obeying the 2 week quarantine rule.

So…. What’s next?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Send a private message to Koodo via Facebook messenger or dm via Twitter to get a replacement Sim ordered.  It'll be 10 bucks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Are you looking for a prepaid or postpaid one? 

Currently we no longer have the option to request SIM card replacements over social media, but you can order Koodo SIM cards on Amazon/eBay. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you looking for a prepaid or postpaid one? 

Currently we no longer have the option to request SIM card replacements over social media, but you can order Koodo SIM cards on Amazon/eBay. 

Why we can't buy a replace SIM from Koodo anymore?

People can still buy a SIM from Koodo as a new customer or adding line.   It shouldn't be so hard to get replacement through self-serve...

Badge +4

An alternative might be to purchase a new or second-hand smartphone, preferably compatible with Koodo’s network. If that’s not an option, an iOS or Android tablet should work (see minimum system requirements). Download the Fongo Mobile app for your device and create an account. This will provide you with a working Canadian phone number. 

The drawback is that Fongo Mobile works over Wi-Fi or mobile data. You’ll need to be in an area that has good Wi-Fi coverage or subscribe to a carrier data-only plan to be able to make and receive calls. 

https://www.fongo.com/fongomobile/

Minimum System Requirements | Fongo