Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How to add $20 1GB top up?

I'm looking to get the 1GB top up, I was wondering how you add it? It's not listed in my account add ons. Do I have to use the data on my plan up first before I can add the 1GB? How does this work?

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi ntrynka,

The 20$ 1gb add-on is something that is targeted to customers who often go over their limit, you can't just add it without being sent the offer.
Mathieu wrote:

Hi ntrynka,

The 20$ 1gb add-on is something that is targeted to customers who often go over thei...

I often go over my limit and I am never offered this option, and am I only able to top up 300mb at 10$ once a month, or is that arbitrarily offered as well?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi ntrynka,

The 20$ 1gb add-on is something that is targeted to customers who often go over thei...

Do you have SFD plan?  What plan and when did you get it?
If it's not SFD, then your data doesn't stop. You need to monitor your usage through self serve to avid overage charges.
You can upgrade your plan if you want, but you should compare what you have now and what you will get, price different, overage charge rate etc.
If you have more question, please use this link to start your own post.
https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/new
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi ntrynka,

@Dave, I see that you are on a shock-free-data plan and topped up before. You should able to see, once blocked, an option for a 1gb top-up as well. Are you saying you are not seeing that? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu wrote:

Hi ntrynka,

@ Dave
You mentioned "300mb at 10$". So you should see this option when you clicked the link through text you received.

Userlevel 1
That's no fun.  Fido offers a 1GB top-up for $15.00 to everyone.  It can be bought up to three times in any given billing period, according to their web site.
Seems ridiculous, if I have a month where I need to use data heavily, shouldn't I be able to access the $20 option without first needing to pay a higher rate for data before the offer is made?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Why would pay a higher rate Matthew? If you are on our shock-free-data plan and your data is paused, at that point you can pick either to continue on a pay-per-use rate or get a package. 
Bernard wrote:

Why would pay a higher rate Matthew? If you are on our shock-free-data plan and your data is paus...

Unless I am missing something, the only option available to me right now is to pay $5 for 100MB. Extrapolating to 1 GB obviously puts this cost at $50. I am a monthly subscriber, and while I am not completely familiar with the shock-free data plan, it seems logical that a $20 offer for 1GB top up should be available to me if I need it. Even my wife with Bell was able to get 2 GB top up for $15 just yesterday.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Why would pay a higher rate Matthew? If you are on our shock-free-data plan and your data is paus...

Are you on a shock-free-data plan Matthew? Have you used up all your data yet and received the "block" notification?  
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

Matthew. $5/100MB is the overage charge on your plan so if you go over your data that is what you will pay. Koodo has a $20/1GB add-on that you can purchase once per billing cycle
Bernard wrote:

Allan that was my understanding of it but now I'm confused. I thought it was a standard feature of their shock free data feature but apparently its not available to everyone. Also, we did that and this is the email message I got (which confused me even more). This looks like I have done a permanent change to the account.

You’ve recently changed your Koodo services.

On March 01, 2017, you changed the following service(s):

Added*
  • Data Top Up 1GB Purchase #1 Price per Month:$20.00 Service effective on March 01, 2017
 For more information on the services on your account, visit koodomobile.com.

After making changes to your plan or add-ons, your next bill will include the following charges: your regular monthly service, additional usage, a one-time partial/prorated charge and/or credit from March 01, 2017 to the end of your bill cycle on March 05, 2017. Learn more about the charges on your bill by visiting our Proration FAQ page.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

You should be given 2-3 options when you go over your data. Something along the lines of text Y to keep using data, text MORE to get a data top up.
It appears that you purchased the $20/1GB top up which is a one time charge. You have this to use until the end of your billing cycle. Once you reach the end of your billing cycle you will start over on your regular data amount given by your plan.
Userlevel 6
Bernard wrote:

If I understand correctly, if Matt's billing cycle is the 5th, and he bought the 1 GB for $20 today, he has until Saturday to use that 1 GB data. Any unused data will be lost. If Matt went over his plan's data limit by March 1st, any overages between February 5th and March 1st would be billable as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Would you be able to just change your plan to one with more data and then change it back at the end of the month or would that not work due to the fact youre doing it mid billing cycle?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Would you be able to just change your plan to one with more data and then change it back at the e...

You can change your plan once per billing cycle.
And if you do this mid billing cycle, then you could have minutes overage  charge due to proration.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Would you be able to just change your plan to one with more data and then change it back at the e...

Okay thats what i thought, thanks!