Koodo Community
Solved

How to activate my SIM Card that just came in the mail?

• 21 February 2021
  • 9 replies

Hi Everyone,

I need help.  I am still on Rogers, I signed up for Koodo, they mailed me a SIM card, I called the number on the back 1-866-995-6636 but nobody answers, it just disconnects me.

Very confusing service, they can’t even help you activate a sim.  I can’t find anything in my online koodo profile that activates this account.

Please help!

Rowena

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 21 February 2021, 23:31

Hi Everyone,

I need help.  I am still on Rogers, I signed up for Koodo, they mailed me a SIM card, I called the number on the back 1-866-995-6636 but nobody answers, it just disconnects me.

Very confusing service, they can’t even help you activate a sim.  I can’t find anything in my online koodo profile that activates this account.

Please help!

Rowena

Your SIM card is already activated when you receive it. All you need to do is to put it into your existing phone and it should be good to go.

By activating, I’m assuming you are trying to port over your number from Rogers to Koodo. First of all, you need to register for a Self Serve account. Make sure to follow the instructions at the link here. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

I would like to note that you must keep your Rogers SIM card in the phone while doing the port transfer, since they will send you a text notification to confirm. You will have to respond within 90 minutes. Once that is completed, you may remove it and replace with the Koodo SIM card.  

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Everyone,

Please help!

Rowena

Your SIM card is already activated when you receive it. All you need to do is to put it into your existing phone and it should be good to go.

By activating, I’m assuming you are trying to port over your number from Rogers to Koodo. First of all, you need to register for a Self Serve account. Make sure to follow the instructions at the link here. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

I would like to note that you must keep your Rogers SIM card in the phone while doing the port transfer, since they will send you a text notification to confirm. You will have to respond within 90 minutes. Once that is completed, you may remove it and replace with the Koodo SIM card.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Before that number hang up, it should have mentioned about the digital rep at www.koodo.com/chat Have you tried it?

Also, when you mentioned you “signed up”, did you register for postpaid or prepaid service?

If you are a postpaid customer, have you received an activation email from Koodo?

If you are a prepaid customer, have you activated it  https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/activating-your-prepaid-phone

Hi Dinh, 

Yes, I’ve tried the digital rep but it hasn’t helped.  I am a post paid customer.

How can I activate?

Rowena

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you received the activation email from Koodo?

When you received the SIM, have you put it in your phone? if you are a postpaid customer, it should have been activated.

Hi Everyone,

Please help!

Rowena

Thanks @MilkyWay for your help,

I am trying to port my Rogers # to Koodo.  This is for a post paid sim card.   I have not removed my Rogers sim card yet as I know it requires my approval to port the # to koodo.  How do I initiate this port transfer process?

It says below that my # is eligible.  

Yes, this number is eligible to move to Koodo Mobile. Call 1-866-99-Koodo or visit a Koodo retailer to submit a request

When you received the SIM, have you put it in your phone? if you are a postpaid customer, it should have been activated.

No I have not received an activation email from Koodo.   How do I initiate that?  I only have the service agreement email.

I have not put the sim on my phone yet as I am wanting to port my # from Rogers to Koodo.  That will require me to approve the porting of my # before I remove my current rogers sim.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks @MilkyWay for your help,

I am trying to port my Rogers # to Koodo.  This is for a post paid sim card.   I have not removed my Rogers sim card yet as I know it requires my approval to port the # to koodo.  How do I initiate this port transfer process?

It says below that my # is eligible.  

Yes, this number is eligible to move to Koodo Mobile. Call 1-866-99-Koodo or visit a Koodo retailer to submit a request

As I indicated earlier, you need to follow the steps in the link that I posted. For your convenience, I have listed them for you. 

1. Log into your Self Serve account. 
  2. From the Self Serve drop-down menu, select Mobile services.
  3. Next to Manage your phone number, select Manage.
  4. Select Transfer your phone number, then fill in the required information.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No I have not received an activation email from Koodo.   How do I initiate that?  I only have the service agreement email.

I have not put the sim on my phone yet as I am wanting to port my # from Rogers to Koodo.  That will require me to approve the porting of my # before I remove my current rogers sim.

I would suggest you check the spam/junk inbox and see if they sent you an self-serve registration there. You will need access to your self-serve to initiate the porting.

If you don’t see anything in those email folders. You could go here www.koodo.com/chat and type “I need self serve registration”. It should be able to guide you to create a self-serve account (you will need the service agreement with the account number to do it).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@RowenaLau When you received the SIM it would have come with instructions to go to https://www.koodomobile.com/setup# .

The first step would have mentioned the SIM is already active. I see you already set up a self serve account.  Log in and follow @MilkyWay’s instructions. Very easy.