Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How often can you suspend service

I suspended by sons phone about a month ago and then reactivated it. its been about 3 weeks and want to suspend it again. Self serve says it is not available. Is there some type of time frame before it allows me to do it again

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there... If you mean suspension to avoid usage on the line for X or Y reason, there is no time frame for you to suspend it again... Just remember that when you suspend the billing continues as normal...
Userlevel 6
Camilo_A wrote:

Hi there... If you mean suspension to avoid usage on the line for X or Y reason, there is no time...

I thought it can only be done once a month...at least on your self serve site. If I call that's different?
Userlevel 1
Camilo_A wrote:

Hi there... If you mean suspension to avoid usage on the line for X or Y reason, there is no time...

Chris, you are right. Once an account was resumed from a customer initiated suspension, the customer would have to wait one month before a suspension can occur again.
Userlevel 6
Hi Rob, you could suspend the account once per billing cycle 🙂
Yannick wrote:

Hi Rob, you could suspend the account once per billing cycle :)

So I couldn't call in and suspend the service say, 5 times in one month?
Userlevel 7
Yannick wrote:

Hi Rob, you could suspend the account once per billing cycle :)

nope MarcusF because you'd have to reinstate it and that would mean you'd have to wait a month to suspend it again.
Userlevel 7
We should also point out that the Suspended plan is actually a rate plan change. So if you change out from a plan that's no longer offered OR the plan you were on disappears, you won't be able to get it back when you reconnect your service.