Koodo Community

Community

Solved

How long for port from Wind mobile?

I was on Wind Mobile, and I just ported to 
Koodo.

I started the porting process via self serve over 40 hours ago...I can call and text out with my old number but am still not receiving anything in.  Should I be worried?  Everyone says it shouldn't take longer then 24hours. HELP!

JM

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sometimes it can take longer. If by tomorrow morning it's not settled you could give a shot at sending a private message to Koodo via self-serve. Response times are down to a couple hours now. But it might even take a third day sometimes. Let us know tomorrow you're still not getting anything.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Sometimes it can take longer. If by tomorrow morning it's not settled you could give a shot at se...

In addition, I found that rebooting the phone sometimes "triggered" the port to finish... worth a try!
Goran wrote:

Sometimes it can take longer. If by tomorrow morning it's not settled you could give a shot at se...

Yeah I saw that mentioned in here...I do it numerous times per day in hopes it will help finish the port haha

Thanks for helping!
Goran wrote:

Thanks I shall wait one more day before panicking ! haha
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

The fact you can call out using your old number is a good sign. I remember when we ported our number it took 3 days before we were finally able to receive incoming calls... mind you, that was a port from a landline. It's very unnerving but don't worry, everything will turn out alright in the end :)
Goran wrote:

The weird thing is I just put my old SIM card back in and its still active... got all the missed calls and text.  was even able to call voicemail...

Anyone ever heard of this before? Doesn't seem like my old account has been cancelled - the data was even still working. And when I log into the Freedom system it doesn't seem to say its been shut down yet... maybe that's the reason its taking so long?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

It probably means that Wind hasn't released your number yet. I'd contact Koodo on Facebook or call to see what the status is, since they are the "winning party", they'd be more likely to know what is going on. You definitely don't want your Wind account cancelled before the port is complete, so that at least is a good thing 🙂
Goran wrote:

How do you contact Koodo on facebook?  Just search for them?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Yes, or click the white 'f' in the black bar underneath this page 🙂