Koodo Community

Community

Solved

how do I change the IMEI number tied to my prepaid sim card

I recently activated a koodo prepaid SIM card and set it up for what I thought was an unlocked Iphone 3GS using the phones IMEI number, but upon inserting The new SIM into my phone, it just says sim failure and no service, I have a samsung phone that is a koodo phone, how do I change the IMEI from my Iphone to the samsung phone?
icon

Best answer by Paul Deschamps 11 December 2013, 02:43

You don't enter the imei # you enter the # on the SIM Card which could be why it isn't working, plus you have to update the carrier settings of the iPhone through iTunes. After you've entered the SIM Card # in self serve and it's active you can simply take it from one phone to another if the SIM Card size is the same from phone to phone.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You don't enter the imei # you enter the # on the SIM Card which could be why it isn't working, plus you have to update the carrier settings of the iPhone through iTunes. After you've entered the SIM Card # in self serve and it's active you can simply take it from one phone to another if the SIM Card size is the same from phone to phone.