Koodo Community
Solved

How can I view my late payment charge?

• 25 August 2019
  • 5 replies

I’m late to pay my bill this month so I’m sure I have a late charge. But I can’t find how much that charge is anywhere on Self Serve. How can I find out how much I owe?
icon

Best answer by Goran 25 August 2019, 21:53

If it's late less than 30 days, it'll be negligible. It only really starts impacting you at over 30 days past, 60 days past, and the really big impact is 90 days past.

Just from personal experience that I wish I knew better at 18, getting yourself a credit card and using it like cash in that ou only put on what you can pay off at the end of the billing cycle will do the most for your credit score growth. Don't keep a balance from month to month and as your credit limit grows if you must carry a balance forward, make sure it's under 40%. Again, I cannot stress this enough, unless it's an actual emergency (like you will be evicted or you're not gonna eat for a week emergency) don't put on what you can't pay off when your bill comes up. Before you know it, you'll have an excellent credit score. Sadly it has such a huge impact and you gotta play this game. Look into automatic bill payments to make sure you don't forget and make sure your account has the funds so Yu don't get hit with NSF fees. You'll learn real fast at 40 bucks + an incident if you don't.
View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It'll show up on your next bill. It'll probably be a dollar or two. You can just pay what the main page in self-serve says to pay and pay whatever your next book will be and you'll be fine
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
2% of whatever the bill was so like Goran said, usually only a couple dollars
Thanks you guys. How badly will this affect my credit score? I just turned 18 and this is the only bill that I pay.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If it's late less than 30 days, it'll be negligible. It only really starts impacting you at over 30 days past, 60 days past, and the really big impact is 90 days past.

Just from personal experience that I wish I knew better at 18, getting yourself a credit card and using it like cash in that ou only put on what you can pay off at the end of the billing cycle will do the most for your credit score growth. Don't keep a balance from month to month and as your credit limit grows if you must carry a balance forward, make sure it's under 40%. Again, I cannot stress this enough, unless it's an actual emergency (like you will be evicted or you're not gonna eat for a week emergency) don't put on what you can't pay off when your bill comes up. Before you know it, you'll have an excellent credit score. Sadly it has such a huge impact and you gotta play this game. Look into automatic bill payments to make sure you don't forget and make sure your account has the funds so Yu don't get hit with NSF fees. You'll learn real fast at 40 bucks + an incident if you don't.
Hah my mom doesn’t let me have a credit card, but thanks for the advice. I’ll keep it in mind for the future! Thanks for the answers too, they really helped me 🙂