Koodo Community

How can I transfer my Rogers number to Koodo via self serve even I don't have Koodo account?

I am using Rogers right now, and I want to bring my number to Koodo. However I am now have no Koodo account and phone number.
Can I do this via online self serve instead of via store?
Thanks....
icon

Best answer by Dinh 1 October 2018, 19:24

@gilbertqiu
Hi,
You could do it at either online or instore. Other detail is here https://www.koodomobile.com/help/moving-your-number-koodo

You could save $30 connection if your order online. Also, you can get someone refer you so both can get $50 bill credit ($10/m over 5months).

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@gilbertqiu
Hi,
You could do it at either online or instore. Other detail is here https://www.koodomobile.com/help/moving-your-number-koodo

You could save $30 connection if your order online. Also, you can get someone refer you so both can get $50 bill credit ($10/m over 5months).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@gilbertqiu do note that in order to actually move (port) your number over from Rogers, you will need to have an active Koodo account to receive the phone number. I'm guessing you're just asking because you can't go look to see if you can do it in self-serve and wanted to check before ordering/buying a SIM and activating, but I just wanted to be sure you weren't wanting to somehow transfer the number over before having active service here.
srlawren wrote:

@gilbertqiu do note that in order to actually move (port) your number over from Rogers, you will need to have an active Koodo account to receive the phone number. I'm guessing you're just asking because you can't go look to see if you can do it in self-serve and wanted to check before ordering/buying a SIM and activating, but I just wanted to be sure you weren't wanting to somehow transfer the number over before having active service here.

So first thing i have to do is the buy a Koodo Sim and select a plan first, and then bring my Rogers number to Koodo plan. rite?
Dinh wrote:

@gilbertqiu
Hi,

Thanks, but i have no friend using Koodo rite now, hahaha
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
gilbertqiu wrote:

So first thing i have to do is the buy a Koodo Sim and select a plan first, and then bring my Rogers number to Koodo plan. rite?

Yes that about sums it up.

gilbertqiu wrote:

You might want to ask around your colleagues, friends, family. It's worth $50 to you both if you can find someone to refer you.
srlawren wrote:

gilbertqiu wrote:

Yes that about sums it up.

gilbertqiu wrote:

You might want to ask around your colleagues, friends, family. It's worth $50 to you both if you can find someone to refer you.

Are you using Koodo? hahaha
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
gilbertqiu wrote:

gilbertqiu wrote:

I'd prefer not to post my referral link publicly and the community doesn't seem to have private messaging. What I might suggest is to ask over at Red Flag Deals forum, I'm sure you'll quickly find folks happy to help. 🙂
srlawren wrote:

gilbertqiu wrote:

gilbertqiu wrote:

I'd prefer not to post my referral link publicly and the community doesn't seem to have private messaging. What I might suggest is to ask over at Red Flag Deals forum, I'm sure you'll quickly find folks happy to help. :)

thanks so much!