Koodo Community

Community

Solved

how can i change my call display?

I need to change how my out going calls show up on other ppl phones.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Dean, How are you wanting your call display to show up? Are you wanting it to show your name when you call? If so, Koodos plans do not offer it unfortunately. The only company I know of that has or had it available was Rogers. The reason it doesn't display a name when you call people is due to privacy reasons. Hope that helps answer your question 🙂
Userlevel 4
Yes, my understand is that, as Daniel points out, you cannot necessarily choose your outgoing appearance.... how you appear on other people's caller ID depends on how they have entered you name in their address book. So for example, if I have you in my address book as "Dean Bauer", that should be how you appear when you call my iPhone. However, if I have your name as "Deaner Banneaner", that is how you will appear when you call my iPhone. Not something you have control over unfortunately.
Userlevel 7
Scott Lougheed wrote:

Yes, my understand is that, as Daniel points out, you cannot necessarily choose your outgoing app...

That's correct Scott, the thing with Rogers though is that it will show your name and number if you have it set up that way from the network side, so if someone called a person's home phone it may display (Example using my name) D Gunn or Daniel Gunn from the network side of things.
i want to go to private private
Userlevel 7
Dean Bauer wrote:

What phone do you have Dean? There may be a setting within the device to help hide your number when you call.
Dean Bauer wrote:

samsung galaxy note
Userlevel 7
Dean Bauer wrote:

The way to hide your number from your phone you can do the following: Open the phone dialer - press menu key - select settings - then select Additional Settings - then Caller ID - hide number. Hope that helps
Dean Bauer wrote:

thank you,
Userlevel 7
Dean Bauer wrote:

You're welcome, and if at any time you decide to change it back just go through the same steps and change it back to normal, have a good day.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dean Bauer wrote:

Just to warn you, many people will not answer their phone if the incoming call is from a private number.