Koodo Community

Community

How can I cancel my prepaid Koodo account from overseas?

My account is with Koodo Canada and I am in Asia now. Unfortunately I did not cancel my account before leaving Canada and I can't call the toll free number from here. Koodo's email service is also not working right now. Is there any other way I cancel my account?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
With prepaid you can just let your account expire... Remove auto top up if you use that and you should be good.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

With prepaid you can just let your account expire... Remove auto top up if you use that and you s...

Your boosters and number will still be there if you decide to renew within 90 days. Just top up your baseplan to reinstate your service. Otherwise, just let it fade away as Sophia says.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If your really wanting to call someone In Canada, consider Skype or WhatsApp or any other calling app. If hangouts is still active you can call from your Gmail browser as well
Userlevel 6
Chadwick wrote:

If your really wanting to call someone In Canada, consider Skype or WhatsApp or any other callin...

WhatsApp calling is peer to peer. I don't see a WhatsApp user account associated with 866-99-KOODO (I have the number saved in my phone). Skype would work. MagicJack should work as well (even by creating a free account through the app).