Koodo Community

Community

Solved

help IMIE being asked for do know how to imput!

have a 16 digit IMEI number got a text please phone koodo to update IMEI but cannot figure out how to imput this IMIE been here almost a month, PITA, this should have been done when I bought my sim and ported my number? (which is what the text was about)...this is a unlocked phone could that have something to do with it?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you saying you got a text from Koodo asking for your imei #?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The imei number appears in koodo's systems as soon as the phone connects to the network. Call koodo at 1-866-995-6639, option 5, or *611 from your koodo phone and ask what's going on.
Userlevel 1
This might be due tot he port completion process where there is invalid information for hte port to finalize. Follow Timo's advice.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Starfox wrote:

This might be due tot he port completion process where there is invalid information for hte port ...

Good point, didn't think of that. Still the same solution though 🙂
Userlevel 1
Starfox wrote:

This might be due tot he port completion process where there is invalid information for hte port ...

I just wish my keyboard would stop making me mispell basic words...
Ya little trouble with the phone thingy... finally got thru Basically I talked to someone and they had to add a sim only discount thing to my "add-ons" under plans. I have a unlocked phone that was originally bells (yuck!) and that may be where the problem lay(ed) Your help...much appreciated I'm hoping with this fix that all is well cause I'd really like to give Koodo a chance!