Koodo Community
Question

Help

koodo my self serve says I have 0 owing balance but I got an email saying I owed money. Account number XXXXXX89

Edit: Removed account number

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How old is that e-mail?
I got one a few days a go and one today. I's definitely an email from koodo and not a scammer. It even says on the the self serve that I paid this month
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When is your bill date?
11-12 was my last one
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So, your self serve says your account balance as 0?
And you received 2 email notifications? Are they both showing same amount?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Download your most recent pdf ebill. WHat does it say? Did you make a payment since that ebill invoice date?
Yeah both say the same

Edit: Removed screenshot that included account number

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also did you make any recent changes to your account?

EDIT: ok so they both say $0. Does the detailed pdf ebill make sense? Is it correct? If so then both say you owe $0. So it looks like the email is wrong for some reason. I wouldnt worry about since you online account bills match. Unless you think you should be owing something based on your activity?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Your picture is showing Feb 12 - Mar11.
Yiu should have received March/Apr bill by now for Mar 12- Apr 11.
Two months ago I went to a koodo store and got the name changed from my father's to mine. Is it possible the koodo employee accidentally made two accounts and charged the same phone plan for both accounts?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wait I just saw the photos.

The email has aa different account number from your self serve account number.

DId you have more than 1 account? Are the email addresses for self serve the same as the email you received ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Two months ago I went to a koodo store and got the name changed from my father's to mine. Is it possible the koodo employee accidentally made two accounts and charged the same phone plan for both accounts?
Yes this is the case since Koodo doesnt do name changes, they do transfer of ownership.

So your current bill is fine. But it looks like you didnt pay your final bill when it was under your father's name.
Ok so the payment of the old bill never transferred to the new account? But the email I got was under my name and when I click on pay now it send me to the old account under my father's name which has 0 balance...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ok so the payment of the old bill never transferred to the new account? But the email I got was under my name and when I click on pay now it send me to the old account under my father's name which has 0 balance...
No the balance of the old bill does not transfer over. There is a precise cut off point and the old bill will remain with the old account and the new account will get all charges moving forward from that point.

How many self serve logins do you have? You should have 2, one for the old account and one for the new account.
Are you able to login to both of these different self serve accounts to check each of their individual bills?

Also how have you been paying your bill since the transfer?

I paid twice though for both accounts for the same month
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hey @ikosall - It seems as though the Self Serve registration on your new account was never set up. I just sent you a new Creation email for the new account that's under your name.

Indeed, when you transferred the account over to your name it created a completely new account number.

I can confirm that the balance on the old account number *******89 is in fact $0 however, the new account number *******12 has not yet received a payment.

Let me know if you have trouble clicking on the Registration link in the email i sent you
Oki I just payed it but it still says I owe 172$
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Oki I just payed it but it still says I owe 172$

I actually see that the payment already went through - Try refreshing in a few minutes 🙂
Oki thank you. I was also wondering how you get deals on plans? My friend has had koodo for 5 months and she has a better plan then me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Oki thank you. I was also wondering how you get deals on plans? My friend has had koodo for 5 months and she has a better plan then me.
Was the special deal she got from a text message that was only available to her or from a promo that was open to all?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Five months ago might have been Black Friday or Christmas deals. Koodo makes special offers a few times through the year. Check their webpage, or follow one of the Canadian phone site’s for info of offers.
I'm not sure.