Feedback
hardware upgrade without changing plan | Koodo Community
Koodo Community
Solved

hardware upgrade without changing plan

• 6 September 2021
  • 5 replies

I currently have a $40 13GB plan with no tab (current phone paid off).  If I want to upgrade my hardware, can I keep my existing plan?  I ask because under self serve through the website, it appears as though it wants me to choose a different plan where the available options are all inferior to my existing plan.  

thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Dinh 6 September 2021, 04:43

If koodo selfserve asked you to changed your plan when upgrading, that plan was grandfathered. You wouldn't be able to keep that plan if you are upgrading. If you insist, you could try to contact Koodo directly and ask a rep about other options.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If koodo selfserve asked you to changed your plan when upgrading, that plan was grandfathered. You wouldn't be able to keep that plan if you are upgrading. If you insist, you could try to contact Koodo directly and ask a rep about other options.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I currently have a $40 13GB plan with no tab (current phone paid off).  If I want to upgrade my hardware, can I keep my existing plan?  I ask because under self serve through the website, it appears as though it wants me to choose a different plan where the available options are all inferior to my existing plan.  

thanks! 

Are you currently on the 8GB plan with the 5GB add-on right now? If so, it’s likely not going to let you upgrade without switching to an in-market plan, since you have a grandfathered plan. 

Thanks for the responses!  I am indeed on the 8GB plan with the add-on, so I think you’ve answered my question.  I’ll reach out to customer service to see if anything can be done

thanks again! 

In best case you can call an ask to speak to the loyalty department,  an they would be better to assist you

Thanks all.  I reached out to Koodo customer service/loyalty dept, and we found a solution.  

thanks again!