Koodo Community

Community

Get my name right!

It would be nice if we could correct ALL of our information when it's incorrect... like my name, for instance.

6 replies

Call Koodo and get them to change it. *611 Option 5.
Userlevel 6
Is that not something koodo lets you do online? If not they should.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

No, and the reason is actually security 🙂 I believe there is even a time limit when the name can be changed the first time, to prevent fraud and people taking over an account unauthorised.
Userlevel 6
Chris Petersens wrote:

Ok, this seems a little silly.....I can change my PIN online but not my name? The PIN is enough to verify my account a name alone wouldn't be. How does that make sense?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

I don't know Chris, I'll leave it up to the Great Timo or Tyler to answer that one 🙂
Userlevel 4
Chris Petersens wrote:

When you change the pin online, it wouldn't show the original pin. That's not much of a security issue as changing the name since credit information is attached to the name. When a mispelling of the name is an issue, the customer would have to go to a Koodo kiosk with photo ID with, what I hope, is the correct spelling on the ID, and they can fix it all up. The exceptions to the name change is marriage, divorce, legal name changes. They can call into Koodo for those sort of name changes. To sum it up, it prevents fraudulent activity IMO