Koodo Community

Community

Frustrated with Koodo customer service the last two days. Will the $60, 10gb plan be available tomorrow if I go to a store?

Userlevel 1
I have been trying to get in touch with a Koodo rep for the last two days as I would like then to change my plan to the $60 for 10gb and have been unable to get through. Today I tried the *611 feature to get through, was on hold for 2 hours and then they hung up on me. Super frustrated with the customer service the past two days. If I go into a Koodo tomorrow will this plan still be offered?

35 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The plan is only available to new customers or ppl adding a second line to their account so you won't be able to change to it anyways. Offers can go away without warning also so nobody knows exactly when they will disappear so when you want to take advantage of an applicable plan you have to try your best to grab it asap which is what you've done. It is infuriating I'm sure when your trying and get cut off so I do understand your frustration with the situation I'd be right there with you.
Userlevel 2
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

The plan is only available to new customers or ppl adding a second line to their account so you w...

Can I go on tab with this plan?
Userlevel 1

The plan is only available to new customers or ppl adding a second line to their account so you w...

No, it's only byod
Userlevel 2

So if I ever wanted to go on a tab I would need to change plan?
Userlevel 1

I was told by the loyalty rep that in the future if you want to update your phone you could go on tab .. but to enter into this plan you have to have your own phone.. ie no tab.. or pay off your current tab. 
Userlevel 2

So what your saying is if I go on this plan and let’s say 1 year from now I want to to get a new phone I would need to buy the phone at full price too stay on this plan?
Userlevel 1

Sorry I misread your question before. I know that you need to be BYOD to be able to get this plan. However in regards to keeping it when you say want a new phone by adding a tab. That I'm not sure. Mike seems to more knowledgable with that since he asked the rep that, I didn't because I usually buy mine outright. I know like the big three bell rogers and Telus. Like with Telus they use to make plans like this later on unable to renew with a new contract with the plans so people had to change it or buy phones outright.
Userlevel 1
The plan is available to everyone.. unless of course they want their current customers to be former customers.

As a "loyal" long term customer I'm not going to continue paying the same rate for 5x less data than a new customer gets

This is probably the most incompetent roll out and customer service I've ever experienced from any company. 

3 CSR's that have provided ZERO customer service over 8 hours on hold over two days only to be disconnected multiple times... 
Userlevel 1
Michael Pearson wrote:

The plan is available to everyone.. unless of course they want their current customers to be form...

Exactly my issue. If they are not willing to accomadate me tomorrow when I go in, I’m going to another company offering this plan and Koodo can lose myself as a customer
Michael Pearson wrote:

The plan is available to everyone.. unless of course they want their current customers to be form...

I am looking on their website and don't see anything about 10Gb for $60... 
Michael Pearson wrote:

They should just switch anyone who already pays more for less to this plan and be done with it, theyd have less calls of people wanting out of it than they would of people wanting in, then the lines would be free for me to complain about my bill!!
Userlevel 2
Yea this is dumb you got new customers just signing up and getting a $115 plan for $60 bucks and then there is the long term customers who will be paying $115 , how does that make any sense at all ? Basically Koodo is just saying go screw your self or go to another provider. Been trying to get a hold of them for the past 2 days with no luck. Hopefully Koodo does something for the loyal customers
Userlevel 1
My suggestion - just switch to a different carrier. Koodo is being weirdly stubborn about this. I switched to Bell today. If all their current customers who they don't seem that interested in giving this deal to leave they may rethink their approach.
Userlevel 1
LOL UNBELIEVABLE!!!.. just got a text from koodo to rate the help i got from a CSR... I got this text while my phone is still on hold to "loyalty" ... going into the 8th hr over the last two days.. for the fourth time 

Well Koodo.. I got no help at all.. other than 8 hrs of my life wasted.. and i'm expecting to be disconnected again any moment. 
Userlevel 1
Michael Pearson wrote:

LOL UNBELIEVABLE!!!.. just got a text from koodo to rate the help i got from a CSR... I got this ...

That’s ridiculous... you didn’t even speak to someone yet!
I've been disconnected over a dozen times trying to call, can't even cancel. Begun recording all attempts as my end of contract day is tomorrow, don't wanna get screwed into another month of bull
My partner and I just went to telus and they were able to give it to us there. Koodo is under Telus anyways. That was what Koodo recommended doing instead of waiting on hold for hours. It took us 30 mins to switch over at telus. Koodo said the only way to get the deal is to talk to their customer retention department, which had at least a 3 hour wait or more. 
Userlevel 1
Toye Adeniran wrote:

My partner and I just went to telus and they were able to give it to us there. Koodo is under Tel...

That’s why I called earlier and after exactly 2hours they hung up on me. So I’m going into Koodo tomorrow and if they won’t do anything from the store level I’m leaving.
Toye Adeniran wrote:

My partner and I just went to telus and they were able to give it to us there. Koodo is under Tel...

Krystal they said they can't do anything at their store. We went to two of their stores and we were told that it wasn't possible and the only way to get it is through their retention department. Which we were on hold with for 2 hours, then they said it was just easier to switch to Telus, which we did and it only took 20 mins. You only have to pay for a new sim card which is only 20 dollars. Also if you have a tab, you will have to pay it out right to switch.
Userlevel 2
Will the price increase after a few years ? And on this $60 /10GB plan say our phone breaks down or just want a new phone will I need to buy a phone or will we be still be able to go on a tab with this plan ?
ricardo Ferreira wrote:

Will the price increase after a few years ? And on this $60 /10GB plan say our phone breaks down...

no it will not go up after a few years, at least thats what I heard from a koodo employee when I was at the mall yesterday
This happened to me too, I was on hold for 2 hrs when someone picked up, they said that I called the CS line and they wouldn't help me change my plan. He then transferred me to a line saying that it was going to be another 2 hr wait, after waiting 4 hours I was hung up on. Im so frustrated and Im waiting on hold as I type this..  If this doesn't go through I'm going to the mall right now and I will switch to rogers.
UPDATE: So after many tries, I got to a CS guy saying someone could help me but it'd be a few hour wait. Reading all your replies I said no, I'm switching to fido, cancellation dept. He said he's not allowed to send me to cancel, I HAVE to wait out the loyalty thing which will be a few hours, before waiting on hold again for cancellations. I said I have no interest in staying, cancellation dept, I'm recording this, I don't want to wait and get disconnected like so many people on the forum say now. He says ok, cancellation dept then. So make sure you DON'T get transferred to loyalty if you want to cancel, the "we have to make you talk to them first, and no they can't cancel you" thing is a flat lie.
Userlevel 1
Dimitri Phalen wrote:

UPDATE: So after many tries, I got to a CS guy saying someone could help me but it'd be a few hou...

The cancelation department is loyalty.... "loyalty and retention"....to prevent you from cancelling.  
Dimitri Phalen wrote:

UPDATE: So after many tries, I got to a CS guy saying someone could help me but it'd be a few hou...

Then the CS guy is a blatant liar. He told me loyalty couldn't cancel, I HAD to talk to loyalty first, who would try to help me stay on before transfer to cancellations. So... what a horrible service standard.