Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Forgot Email to Change Password

For whatever reason I couldn't access my Self Serve with my password so I had the system send me a new one- only to realize I can't access that email account it sent the message to anymore. What should I do? Has my password been reset to the one Koodo apparently assigned for me when i sent that email or is it still my old password until I access that email? If it has changed, how do I fix this if I can't access the email I used when I signed up? I need to know soon so I can pay off my phone bill.

17 replies

Userlevel 6
You can pay your bill through their automated system on the phone. All you need is your PIN your account. If your email address has changed and you don't have the password you likely have to call in to update it.
Chris Petersens wrote:

You can pay your bill through their automated system on the phone. All you need is your PIN your ...

But you can't call in because it doesn't give you the option to do so
Chris Petersens wrote:

You can pay your bill through their automated system on the phone. All you need is your PIN your ...

forgot password my pin #is2823
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

For self serve account:
Use the link "Forgot your password?"
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Chris Petersens wrote:

Hi Marge!

Have you been able to re-access your Self Serve by resetting your password? Keep us posted :) 
Chris Petersens wrote:

No! This is my concern.
Hi,
Thanks in advance. (French speaker, I will do my best in English!)
Not using self-service for a while: get an email but forgot the password. The system does not recognize my email. 
Waiting for reply
Bye
Robert Dumontet
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert Dumontet wrote:

Hi,
Not using self-service for...

If it's easier for you, try asking your question in the French community, Robert 🙂 Link: https://communaute.koodomobile.com/koodofr
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert Dumontet wrote:

Hi,

Can you confirm the email address you receive emails from Koodo? In my email client, if I click on the incoming address, it tells me which of my many addresses the email was sent to. Alternately, I can also select each mailbox to see where the email shows up, giving a pretty clear indication where it was sent.

If you are forwarding emails from other servers to one central email address, you could try looking a each of the initial receiving sites to see if the email is present in that service.

Once you know which email Koodo is sending to, you can use the 'Forgot Password' to be sent a new password.

If none of the above ideas work, you would need to contact Koodo directly to learn which email address Koodo recorded for your account. Then you can keep a note in a safe place for the future.

translate.google.com does a pretty good job of French <> English translations if you need it, but your English is much better than my French, and I had no difficulty understanding your request.

Robert Dumontet wrote:

Hi,

Dear David,
I checked the other emails and I did use the right email.
I called Koodo customer service (*611). 
Karine confirmed to me that for security reasons when the password is forgotten, the Koodo password recovery web page no longer works. You must call directly to *611. It's free of charge! Done!
Thanks,
Bye,
Robert
(translated from French by DEEPL)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What happens when you click " Forgot Email"?
It will take you to the page that you can enter your first and last name, phone number.

No Mayumi,
The system asks for email twice. And the answer said: We’re unable to verify your email.
Dear Mayumi
Karine confirmed to me that for security reasons when the password is forgotten, the password recovery web page no longer works. You must call directly to *611. It's free of charge! 
I thank you for your help.
Bye,
Robert
(translated from French by DEEPL)
Robert Dumontet wrote:

Dear Mayumi
Karine confirmed to me that for se...

Then what is the point of the password recovery page if you can never use it? The only reason you use it is if you can't remember your password unless I'm missing something.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert Dumontet wrote:

Dear Mayumi

When you enter your password wrong too many times you get locked out of your account. I think this is what he is referring to.
Robert Dumontet wrote:

Dear Mayumi

Hi Mats and Allan,
I understand that the page has simply not been modified to date. The agent never referred to the number of tests I completed.
Moreover, the employee allowed me to inform the community of this procedure.
Bye,
Robert
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert Dumontet wrote:

Dear Mayumi

Thank you for updated information, Robert. 🙂