Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Equipment swap effective but phone not connecting

I did an equipment swap through self-serve over 24 hours ago and it is still not working, even though my account shows it was effective and I didn't have any errors. What do I need to do now?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It usually doesnt take longer than 15 mins. Does your old phone still work on it's previous sim? Try pulling out the battery on the new phone and try again. Make sure you 3G is on (or 2G/GSM only is off)
Dennis wrote:

It usually doesnt take longer than 15 mins. Does your old phone still work on it's previous sim?...

I should have put my reply post here, sorry about that. See below!
Oh no, going from a Samsung SCHU450 1X PCS to LG265 1X PCS. I've pulled the battery out, restarted it several times over the last 24 hours. My account says the Transaction was effective yesterday so I'm guessing that it 'should' be working. Please help!
steph0280 wrote:

Oh no, going from a Samsung SCHU450 1X PCS to LG265 1X PCS. I've pulled the battery out, restarte...

Just to add, I swapped the LG to a BB Q5 with no issues. It's the latter half that didn't seem to work. All phones are under the same account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
steph0280 wrote:

Oh no, going from a Samsung SCHU450 1X PCS to LG265 1X PCS. I've pulled the battery out, restarte...

Because the LG is a CDMA phone it may need programming before it gets working. Give Koodo a shout http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/can_i_reactivate_an_old_cdma_koodo_phone
steph0280 wrote:

Errr, bleh! I figured since all phones were active Koodo phones that this wouldn't be an issue... but I figured wrong 😉 Thanks for your quick response Dennis! Cheers!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
steph0280 wrote:

Dialing *22803 will program the phone automatically, assuming it works in your area.
Userlevel 3
steph0280 wrote:

yes as timo said *22803 and press 1 and would auto program the phone no big deal and that'll be that !:)
steph0280 wrote:

An update, that is what customer service had me do first but it didn't work either. Had to manually reprogram the phone over the phone but they were very helpful and it works now. Thanks to all the comments!
steph0280 wrote:

Oh, and no charges for going through the phone-in customer service!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
steph0280 wrote:

Glad it all worked out 🙂