Koodo Community

Community

Eliminate $10 Plan Charge at Koodo Kiosk/Store

I completely love the fact that we are trying to enhance customers to use their Self Serve, however I do feel the charge of $10 to change a plan at a Koodo Kiosk or Store should not be. I find koodo customers just "passing by" and I always ask if they've checked out the new plans offered. When I do pitch the new plan, 4 out of 5 times the customer is willing to make the change right away. It just sucks to get them geared up for a plan that beats their old one and then have them go home and make the switch on their own. I always offer to help them open up their self serve at the kiosk but it takes up a lot of time and becomes difficult to deal with other potential customers passing by. Self Serve is awesome but for a store/kiosk level we should be able to help others quickly and efficiently...no? Feedback is always appreciated!!!

38 replies

Userlevel 4
Doubtful the $10 fee will be removed. Koodo is sort of pushing the use for Self Serve as much as possible. Everything is online these days... Kiosks/stores shouldn't be changing plans anyway unless it is an activation or upgrade.
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Doubtful the $10 fee will be removed. Koodo is sort of pushing the use for Self Serve as much as ...

On a side note, it's great you are being proactive like that 🙂
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Doubtful the $10 fee will be removed. Koodo is sort of pushing the use for Self Serve as much as ...

I completely understand the push to use self serve. BUT...(yes the big buttttt) Koodo promotes that customers can change their plan once a month. If a good plan comes by, customers have that right to change accordingly. Why shouldn't kiosks/stores change plans? Maybe not third vendor shops such as Mobile Shop, but actual Koodo kiosks or stores? 🙂 lol I doubt it too but I have some fight in me about this still!!! haha Thanks for your feedback Tyler!!! 😃
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Koodo has made the change that Kiosks/Retailers no longer have access to do these rate plan changes.
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

It was a rule that was passed due to the volume of customers that could potentially be at these stores/kiosks, giving the reps more time for the upgrades, activations, potential customer questions.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Fair enough. I can be overruled but I still don't see how changing a plan affects the volume at the kiosk. When we were able to make plan changes, it took at least 3 minutes to discuss the difference between the customers current plan and the new plan being pitched and the benefits of changing their plan based on their usage. Then it took 2 minutes to Log into QSM, type in the customers number, and then change the plan. A Total of at least 5 minutes. It shouldn't take 20-30 min to change a plan at the kiosk. Existing customers deserve the same appreciation as new customers. Koodo is amazing with customer service, I just feel like it takes away that feeling when we throw charges at customers who take the time to come to the kiosk. Also, to help set up a self serve account it takes more time at the kiosk, basically defeating the purpose of "saving time" or "focus" for customers with upgrades or activations. I get where the argument is though. Understandable, I'm a little stubborn to the change since most of the customers in our area are so used to our help.
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

If I worked at a kiosk instead of tech support, I would feel the exact same way you do. Well, to a point, I do currently, but...oh nvm, you get what I mean......I hope. lol
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

haha I do!!! Thanks Tyler! 🙂
Userlevel 6
Hmmmm....so, if I don't have time or want to go to a mall I get discrimnated against? After all calling to change your plan will still cost money. I actually prefer that they made the field even. It's really simple to use their site a few hours here and there to change it won't make a difference, I don't think.
RudyW wrote:

Hmmmm....so, if I don't have time or want to go to a mall I get discrimnated against? After all c...

hey hey! no one is being discriminated against here! at least I'd hope not haha...I'm a little confused as to what you're saying. My point is basically to have self serve AND the option to make plan changes AT Koodo for no fee! Some people don't have access to the internet. Does that mean Koodo is discriminating against those people? hmmmmm...
RudyW wrote:

Hmmmm....so, if I don't have time or want to go to a mall I get discrimnated against? After all c...

:)
RudyW wrote:

Internet is common place just about everywhere now. those that don't have it at home can go to a local public place that provides internet access. Koodo made the change so Kiosks/Retailers can assist with more important issues.
RudyW wrote:

What about those who don't know how to use the internet? We shouldn't turn our backs on them. That's kinda mean...
Userlevel 4
RudyW wrote:

If the customer is willing, we can give a brief lesson how to qaccess Self Serve using the internet. I've done it a few times and the people have written down the steps to avoid a callback 😛
RudyW wrote:

Koood Ninja, that portion of the customer base is very small. If they have issues, they can get a friend or family member to help out.
Userlevel 6
RudyW wrote:

I'm with Dalek on this.:-) You can also access the koodo site on your phone while sipping coffee at a Timmies or Starbucks and have access to free internet.
Userlevel 7
Mobile Shop doesn't have account level access (we can activate new lines, see Tab/do Tab redemptions, hardware changes, etc.) BUT we can call channel support and they perform the rate plan change for us with no charge to the client. 🙂
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

Mobile Shop doesn't have account level access (we can activate new lines, see Tab/do Tab redempti...

We have a Mobile Shop in our mall, but they only sell accessories, no phones. (in Sherbrooke, QC). Is that a different Mobile Shop??
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Mobile Shop doesn't have account level access (we can activate new lines, see Tab/do Tab redempti...

Jonathan's referring to The Mobile Shop kiosks that are located in President's Choice brand stores (Loblaws/Zehrs/Superstore/etc.). They are my favourite 3rd party dealer.
Userlevel 6
Jonathan I wrote:

We don't have that then... 😞 The Mobile Shop we do have only sells shitty cases with plastic diamonds on them and they sell/install Invisible Shields... Needless to say, I did not visit again.
Jonathan I wrote:

NO CHARGE!!! That's awesome!!! And simple! I used to work for Mobile Shop. Makes me wonder though, if a third party can simply call in and help make the change, why can't a Koodo kiosk do the same...no charges...that's not cool 😑 lol Thanks Jonathan!
Userlevel 4
Jonathan I wrote:

I COULD give you a good reason why Koodo kiosks can't do the same but it's not a very nice comment. Now, if you read between the lines, you will know what I mean. Not all stores are like that, just the reps I have dealt with.
Kiosks and retailers no longer have the option for plan changes unless its a phone upgrade. You can easily avoid the $10 fee by doing the change yourself. It's a simple process as long as you can read English.
Userlevel 6
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Kiosks and retailers no longer have the option for plan changes unless its a phone upgrade. You c...

or French. 🙂
Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Kiosks and retailers no longer have the option for plan changes unless its a phone upgrade. You c...

Understandable to those who can read English or French for that matter. What about those who don't have the internet in general? I love that its simple on self serve. I love self serve don't get me wrong. But I work in an area with a lot of elderly people who appreciate as much help as they can get and who shouldn't be charged for something simple. If they were to call in they get charged, if they were to come to the kiosk they get charged. I don't like that at all. I get it, its 2013!!! Technology is booming! But that doesn't mean we leave others behind and if we do we shouldn't charge them for it!!! 😞