Koodo Community

Community

Solved

does anyone understand why koodo wont allow people to pay payments with cash anymore?

Some people don't have credit or visa or debit cards

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't know any official reasons given but I can see that at this point the overwhelming majority of Canadians have cards of some sort, especially debit cards as they are standard with Bank or credit union accounts. Given this saturation, it could follow that Koodo et al would like to minimize the handling and processing of cash, which has logistical and cost aspects to it as well. Almost no one outside of especially remote locations does not have access to a bank.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can also pay by bank transfer, bank payment, or Western Union transfer. Options are listed here
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't think they've ever accepted cash payments, primarily because credit cards, cheques or bank transfers all leave a paper trail, while cash does not. If there is any dispute regarding payment, cash cannot be traced while the other methods can.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

I don't think they've ever accepted cash payments, primarily because credit cards, cheques or ban...

All the accepted methods of payment leave an audit trail.

There is already a move in the US to require carriers to be able to track payments and usage in an effort to eliminate completely anonymous "burner" phones which can are typically bought for cash at Dollar stores.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

I don't think they've ever accepted cash payments, primarily because credit cards, cheques or ban...

There is the paper trail as well, although I would presume that there is a payment confirmation anyways.