Koodo Community
Question

Difficulty changing postal code

• 24 July 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Similar to another person, I too am unable to have the Koodo system correctly interpret my postal code. I use the autofill feature from Canada Post and while it fills in the form with the correct postal code, the Koodo confirmation pop-up window shows a different postal code. What’s up Koodo? I’d like to order a new phone but unless I can get my address updated in your system, I’m unable to continue my order because of this postal code debacle. Help please.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you living on the edge of 2 postal cods therefore making it quite hard for you to get one or the other? I’ll flag a rep for you so he can provide more insight about the problem because I don’t know much about this. 

Userlevel 1

We moved into a new building that originally had one postal code and several weeks later, Canada Post changed the code. This most recent code is the one that Canada Post auto-fill shows, yet Koodo’s system still shows the old one. Thanks for flagging a rep for me. Cheers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Tracie Can you pls take a look at your address. We have corrected the postal code. Pls let us know if it looks right. Log out and then back in again to your account pls. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We moved into a new building that originally had one postal code and several weeks later, Canada Post changed the code. This most recent code is the one that Canada Post auto-fill shows, yet Koodo’s system still shows the old one. Thanks for flagging a rep for me. Cheers.

Ok so it sounds like Koodo may be still using the old postal code that Canada post used to use prior to Canada Post making the change.

I always thought the Koodo address system pulled in the live info from Canada post but I guess they do not.  

A couple options here.  Wait to see if Koodo responds into your issue, wait to see if Koodo’s address system from Canada post gets updated, or you can order it and use the older postal code.  Having worked in the Courier sector previously, this highly unlikely to cause any issues as courier trucks typically handle multiple postal codes and even if they get a wrong postal code, they are likely able to deliver to a neighbouring one if it is bordering their postal code delivery area.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Dennis We do pull from Canada Post’s system. We pay significant dollars every year to access their software so if there are hiccups we will definitely address it with them. 

Userlevel 1

@Bernard Koodo Thank you - my Koodo address now jives with Canada Post. I’ve just finished ordering my new phone and I’m delighted to have this cleared up. Again...many thanks.