Koodo Community
Solved

Difficult to find long distance calling minutes

In my postpaid plan, 1000 minutes long distance calling is free. But unable to track how much I have used in usage section.

Long distance - option dint show anything. I have to manually calculate how many minutes I have used.

Last month I have over used my 1000mins and I have been charged 50 cents extra for each minute after 1000mins.

anyone have idea how i can easily find the long distance usage minutes?

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 11 May 2020, 17:15

@Mayumi i got that “You have no long distance usage this month” message when I keep on clicking show more. This means, it’s end of the list. 

Do you have a plan with limited minutes- 100, 200, 500min?

Or unlimited?  Did you change your plan recently?

View original

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You cannot. You have to track it manually. I hope thst you track it better to avoid further overages.

Is there a way to stop further long distance calls after 1000 free minutes. 
if I remove pay per use long distance add on - will this help to stop further calls

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Not sure. It's what's supposed to enable international calling in general. So I want to say that would instead prevent you from making calls at all. I can ask a Rep Nd get back to you but your best/only bet is manually track.

Ok thank you. Manually calculating is difficult at situation like COVID19. 

its better opt for extra 20$ long distance calling. Even for this 1000mins free but after 1000mins, we will be charged 2cents extra per minute. But this 2 cents logic won’t apply to free add on 1000mins long distance calls. As I mentioned earlier 50 cents per minute.

i can opt for 1 and half year $20 dollar long distance call plan with the amount I have been charged extra in the last billing cycle. Very much disappointed with current situation.
Also if I have been notified like how shock free data notification. I would have opted for this extra 20$ add on instead keep on using with 50 cents per minute.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@satz Looks like your primary calling area is focused on one international destination.  And only on one line, which doesn’t appear to have other long distance calls.  In that case what I suggest is to look at your usage page online and click the drop down to only show you long distance calls. There should be a total at the bottom indicating the minutes used:

@Bernard Koodo My concern on this thread here is -  that long distance option under usage doesn’t show anything in my account right now even though I used several long distance used minutes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@satz Can you pls share a screen shot of that page with long distance selected on the drop-down? Just keep your personal info, if any blocked out. 

This is what I see in my account. It doesn’t show any minute under long distance usage. But I used several minutes till now.

@Bernard Koodo 

one fine example: I used 45 minute long distance call today and it shows up only in all activity but nothing in long distance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@satz I believe you have 2 lines. Just curious...Are you looking at the right one when checking for long distance? 

@Bernard Koodo yes I am looking at the correct line. I have 3 lines not 2. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@satz Oh yes...ok let me test out something. I may not have an answer back until tomorrow though. Wanted to see what happens when I make a call.

@Bernard Koodo thanks. Keep me updated. I wanted this issue needs to be fixed sooner. Because I don’t want to end up paying 3 or 4 times my actual bill every month. I tried to explain the same to Koodo Rep for discount on the bill. But nobody accept the problem.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@satz Ok. So standard international calls do show up. as you see below. 

I’ll have to check with the team to confirm whether the “free” calls show up. However, once you go over it should show in the usage tracker.  Can you see if they do when clicking the previous cycle tab? 

@Bernard Koodo i tried previous cycle and I’m able to see only charged long distance calls. It means after free calls, charged call will be shown in the long distance usage section? 

@Bernard Koodo

Still I’m confused. What I have been billed for is 535 extra minutes. But here it shows just 370minutes only.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@satz Your pdf bill shows all the details from line 103 of the 535 minutes.  That is accurate. 

@Bernard Koodo i know and I have seen that when Bill was generated. But my concern here is - how I can avoid overage long distance call charges in the future.

as you mentioned that after 1000 free minutes, I will be able to find out in my usage. But even that dint help. There is a mismatch between usage and billing.

Please check and confirm if free long distance minutes can be tracked somewhere. If it won’t show the free minutes in the account. Then please take this as a request for backend team to implementation a solution to view long distance minute even to free add on minutes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What plan do you have? Are all your plan includes unlimited minutes or limited minutes?

Im asking you because your screenshot is saying “you have no long distance usage this month”, yet you get charged for minutes.

@Mayumi 

I have a 1000 limited long distance minutes for free. Whenever I use any long distance minute, this is not showing up in long distance section instead it shows up in all activity only. This month I hope I haven’t crossed 1000 long distance minutes yet. Because my total minutes under all activity shows around 700 only.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Mayumi

I have a 1000 limited long distance minutes for free. Whenever I use any long distance minute, this is not showing up in long distance section instead it shows up in all activity only. This month I hope I haven’t crossed 1000 long distance minutes yet. Because my total minutes under all activity shows around 700 only.

Yes, I understand you have 1000 ILD minutes.

But I was wondering if your plan includes unlimited anytime minutes also. ..

Say if you have 500 anytime minutes in your plan and made 600min of ILD calls. LD call charge would be covered by add-on, but you will get charge for minutes overage usage.

Im asking this because your last screenshot is showing some changes for minutes. But it’s saying “you have no long distance usage this month”,  That is puzzling me…

Bernard official rep is already on this, so you will get answer.  But I thought I should ask you if those charges ar for minutes overage 

Either way, it would be great if their system have a category or circle for “ILD minutes add-on”.

@Mayumi i got that “You have no long distance usage this month” message when I keep on clicking show more. This means, it’s end of the list. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Do you have a plan with limited minutes- 100, 200, 500min?

Or unlimited?  Did you change your plan recently?

@Mayumi i did NOT change plan recently. My local minutes are unlimited. Only for long distance, I have 1000 limited minutes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Mayumi i did NOT change plan recently. My local minutes are unlimited. Only for long distance, I have 1000 limited minutes. 

Thank you Satz for that info.  Now I know for sure those charges are not for minutes overage since you have a plan with unlimited.

For your original concern “why there is no usage info under LD calls?”. Bernard and/or team are looking into it,  So hopefully you get answer very soon and fix this issue.