Koodo Community

Did not recieve account number with sim card

• 29 January 2021
  • 8 replies

I signed up for a plan and recieved a Telus sim card and pamphlet to refer me to the Telus website to activate. I did not recieve anything else in the letter, including an account number or an agreement. When I signed up I got an email from koodo letting me know my sim card has been ordered, and another email to notify me of its shipping but I have not recieved anything since. I also had one cent charged on my credit card. How do I move forward with setting up my plan?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Where or how did you sign up for Koodo service?  Did you sign up for koodo service or Telus?

I signed up for Koodo service online.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I signed up for Koodo service online.

Via their website?  For postpaid?

Did you get a verification email?

What is your HFO order number?

I signed up on their website. I got an email letting me know my order has been confirmed, and another one letting me know my sim card was on its way; Besides those two emails koodo has not contacted me with any more information. My HFO number is HFO28616777. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ok so i think the telus sim is a complete coincidence.  The Telus sim is how they are marketing their service by mailing out sim cards and getting potential customers to sign up.

The Koodo sim should arrive pre-activated.  But in some cases the koodo sim may arrive earlier than expected.   Just give it a couple days and the sim will self activate.  You will get an email confirmation email when that happens

I think there may have been a mistake as it has been over a month since I ordered the sim card. I got my shipping email on December 22nd. I would apply for another one, however I would like the deal on the plan they had at that time (4 gig of data for $45 a month). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would send a private message to koodo via facebook or twitter with your HFO order number and let them know your sim has not yet arrived

Userlevel 6

I signed up for a plan and recieved a Telus sim card and pamphlet to refer me to the Telus website to activate. I did not recieve anything else in the letter, including an account number or an agreement. When I signed up I got an email from koodo letting me know my sim card has been ordered, and another email to notify me of its shipping but I have not recieved anything since. I also had one cent charged on my credit card. How do I move forward with setting up my plan?

Hey there! I have just managed to speak with our support team. The account will be activated in the following hour. No need to place a new order. You should receive the SIM card next week. In case you don’t get it until Friday please let us know and we’ll send you a new one. An adjustment will be made for the period while waiting for the SIM to arrive. Please keep us updated by responding to this thread or by sending us a private message on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Koodo or Twitter.