Koodo Community
Solved

Delete my email from your system

• 4 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Somebody (account number: ****0035 | phone number: ***-***-8207) used my email when registering. Email is not verified. I'm not your customer, but I get emails from you. How can I ask you to remove my email from your system?

icon

Best answer by Helen Koodo 4 January 2021, 16:51

Hi @kuseni ,

We are sorry for this situation. If you don’t have a social media account, maybe you can ask a relative or a friend to send us a message from their own account in order to fix this issue.

Best regards,

Helen

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Somebody (account number: ****0035 | phone number: ***-***-8207) used my email when registering. Email is not verified. I'm not your customer, but I get emails from you. How can I ask you to remove my email from your system?

You can schedule a callback through Koodo Assist or contact a Koodo rep on Facebook Messenger or Twitter. They should be able to help you out. 

I have no Facebook or Twitter account. I have no North American phone number. Any other options?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have no Facebook or Twitter account. I have no North American phone number. Any other options?

You can download an app to get a Canadian phone number such as Fongo and schedule a callback to that number through Koodo Assist.

Hmm, thanks, but I live in Russia and don’t need any Koodo services. Some idiot used my email in registration, Koodo used this email without confirmation, and I need to install app to ask them just to delete my email? Maybe any email contact or chat with operator or somebody from Koodo in this community?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hmm, thanks, but I live in Russia and don’t need any Koodo services. Some idiot used my email in registration, Koodo used this email without confirmation, and I need to install app to ask them just to delete my email? Maybe any email contact or chat with operator or somebody from Koodo in this community?

There’s no other way to contact Koodo other than scheduling a callback to a Canadian phone number, Facebook Messenger, or Twitter. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @kuseni ,

We are sorry for this situation. If you don’t have a social media account, maybe you can ask a relative or a friend to send us a message from their own account in order to fix this issue.

Best regards,

Helen

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

As someone who is unfortunate enough to have an “easy” email address, I get signed up for no end of services across the world. Also I get highly personal and confidential messages that are obviously not meant for me.

At first I tried to sort it with all those services (like you are trying to do with Koodo now), but in the end I just gave up and now when I receive such an email, I just place it in spam. If people are “dumb” enough not to give their proper email address, that is not my fault.

Bottom line if you can’t sort your problem with Koodo, just place the emails you get from them in spam… it isn’t a “neat” solution but I know from experience that it works :grinning: